NGD, Greco Firebird 1

BKS

Reaction score
Sometimes set necks are hard to spot...
One of these is a neck through, the other is a deep set neck.... If you can see wich one is what.. :applause::thumb:
DSC_3054_compress65.jpg
DSC_3053_compress99.jpg
DSC_3057_compress19.jpg
DSC_3056_compress49.jpg

ThePanda

Reaction score
Sometimes set necks are hard to spot...
One of these is a neck through, the other is a deep set neck.... If you can see wich one is what.. :applause::thumb:
View attachment 480363 View attachment 480364 View attachment 480365 View attachment 480366
I'll take a stab at it!

I think the black one is neck set and the red is deep neck through.

The screw on the black is quite large while the red one is more in line with what a normal strap button would be. Maybe the larger screw is for stability. The deep neck (red) would not need this stability.

Also the scarf joint (where the neck meets the body, right?) seems to be smoother on the red one and black one has some weird lines on the sides...

How'd I do?

Reactions: BKS

BKS

Reaction score
I'll take a stab at it!

I think the black one is neck set and the red is deep neck through.

The screw on the black is quite large while the red one is more in line with what a normal strap button would be. Maybe the larger screw is for stability. The deep neck (red) would not need this stability.

Also the scarf joint (where the neck meets the body, right?) seems to be smoother on the red one and black one has some weird lines on the sides...

How'd I do?
The black one is a Jackson RR5... Neck through construction on that baby.
The red one is a deep set neck Fernandes JS 90/100. Both made in Japan btw. About 15 years between the two Rhoads V's.
50% ;)

Oh btw the strap buttons... Black one has standard factory ones on, red one, schaller staplock...

jimmyjames

Reaction score
I test-played a 2-pup Grec a few yrs ago, the neck joint was near-invisible

alainguitars

Reaction score
About to order new pot and cap, does anyone know what the correct values should be?

Latest Threads