NGD, Greco Firebird 1

alainguitars

Reaction score
Won this Thursday night got it this morning! Amazing. Much nicer than the pics make it look. Great construction, neck through, pup reads about 7.5k, hardly played, nitro finish, could be a brazilian board. Strangest bridge I've ever seen but works fine, will have to remove it and try to identify what it is. Will take better pics after the hurricane blows through Raleigh, NC. https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r423517491

BKS

Reaction score
Are you shure it is neckthru? Looks set neck from the pictures. Still nice looking guitar. Enjoy it! Stay safe.... And pictures!

alainguitars

Reaction score
Are you shure it is neckthru? Looks set neck from the pictures. Still nice looking guitar. Enjoy it! Stay safe.... And pictures!
Not 100%, the ridge in the heel threw me off also and I expected a set neck but I can't find any evidence of seams on the sides?

Reactions: BKS

monty john

Reaction score
cool guitar...any probs with shipping from japan? thanks man dig that one

alainguitars

Reaction score
Post more pics tomorrow, would appreciate any input on changing pots and caps to newer ones. I have no info on the pickup, sounds bright (as it should), but really reacts well to turning down the tone control. I see no benefit in 50's wiring in this guitar. Volume pot cleans up and rolls down the highs in a nice way.

JDZ

Reaction score
Nice score!
No serial number and Tokai pots... I wonder if it is Tokai made

kakerlak

Reaction score
That's way cool! Single pickup guitars are lots of fun. Good way to coax a treble happy guy like me, who always keeps the tone dimed and relies on switching pickups to touch the tone pot once in a while.

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
It's kind of crazy what has happened in the last 4-5 years. I remember there used to be firebirds all the time with BINs of 40-50k. Now they seem to rarely come up and prices are 100k plus on the dual pickup FBs. Not sure what made them so popular all of the sudden. Wish I had bought one long ago.

JDZ

Reaction score
It's kind of crazy what has happened in the last 4-5 years. I remember there used to be firebirds all the time with BINs of 40-50k. Now they seem to rarely come up and prices are 100k plus on the dual pickup FBs. Not sure what made them so popular all of the sudden. Wish I had bought one long ago.
I think the total number of people looking for vintage Japanese guitars has grown quite a bit, and even more so with COVID-19. Much more demand, limited supply.

alainguitars

Reaction score
Paid 68000 yen. BIN. no other bidders. People like Tom Bukovac, Bonamassa, etc made them popular again.

BKS

Reaction score
Not 100%, the ridge in the heel threw me off also and I expected a set neck but I can't find any evidence of seams on the sides?
Body looks one piece, almost shure it is a set neck.
I have several that are really smooth on the sides.
Screenshot_20200804-183648.png

Latest Threads