NGD...Glock 19 Gen 5

scott1970

Reaction score
Although they went on sale in some places last Saturday, our local police supply store didn't have the Gen 5s until two days ago. So I'm pretty proud I held out two days before heading down there to fondle them. I walked out with the 19. I prefer the size over the 17 for carry. Plus I have an issued 17 Gen 4.

I ran up to the range as soon as I got home and shucked the monkey suit.

ZOeXztZ.jpg

Since I'll be carrying this one on occasion I went with the Ameriglo sights. The front is bright orange/red in the daytime and a standard nightsight in the dark. Really dig them.

DKIsPls.jpg

The new orange followers clash with my standard powder coat color. Collectively it makes for nice fall colors.

MgB5z4D.jpg

I played around with the first three mags up close at ten yards, and it performed nicely. On the fourth and final mag I backed it up to the 25 yard line. On a standard B-27 silhouette target I got thirteen headshots out of fifteen which ain't too shabby for homemade wheel weight bullets (a couple of those holes were pre-existing). This gun has some real potential once I get to spend enough time with it. Glock finally has a stock trigger I really like.

VYPKUrL.jpg

$509 out the door with night sights looks to be worth it so far.

*the gun was made in Austria, but I didn't travel there to get it

TheX

Better a boomer than a Karen.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! I only got to put about 100 rounds through the G35 before I got hurt. Not sure my shoulder is ready for the .40 yet.

45WinMag

Reaction score
So they fixed the grinding issue with the Gen4 trigger? Wow, a Glock I could use without swapping parts as soon as I buy it. Really like the lack of finger grooves. I may need one when they do a Gen5 10mm.

Latest Threads