NGD: Gibson Les Paul Standard 60's in Bourbon Burst (with some new pics!)

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a wonderful top...gorgeous

the flames between the pups are awesome...
such a cool paint fade too....looks like an HCB at first glance then I notice the subtle bourbon...

such a great model and urs is as perfect an example as there is

congrats

-chris

John Nada

Reaction score
John Nada,

Great story! A wonderful looking and as evidenced by yourself, a very good sounding one. What kind of pickups did this one arrive with?

Classicplayer

The 60's Standard comes with 61T & 61R pickups, which are alnico 5's. I have the same pickups in my 2018 SG standard and I really like them, but they ofcourse sound a bit different in my Les Paul. Maybe I'll swap them for the Seymour Duncan Seth Lovers I've currently got in my Epiphone Les Paul, just to check how it compares.

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really Sweet. Congrats on a winner.

Gibson through a Marshall; doesn't get better than that

John Nada

Reaction score
Really Sweet. Congrats on a winner.

Gibson through a Marshall; doesn't get better than that

I've mostly been playing strats through Fender amps for years. The past few years I play Gibsons through Marshalls and I really prefer that. It might just be that I listened to Led Zeppelin's live stuff so much all my life that it just does the trick for me, I don't know ;)

Classicplayer

Reaction score
I have Seth’s in my 2000 Classic. Neck is A2 magnet wound to 7.2 and bridge is also A2 measures 8.2

i like how they push a crunch amp and don’t overpower it. They let the amp do the heavy lifting. Before I had A5 ‘59's, which I had 12 years, but they kinda' clobbered my amp's tone although they would not be considered overly “hot”.

Classicplayer

John Nada

Reaction score
A top like that would look good with no scratch plate.

I'm one of those people who like a scratch plate on a Les Paul. And call me crazy, but somehow a Les Paul without a scratch plate makes it appear smaller on me, and I'm a very tall guy.

John Nada

Reaction score
The store made some professional pictures of my actual guitar when they received it, which was about a week before I bought it. Since these are better than any of the pictures I've made, I thought I would share them with you as well! :)

VERKLEIND 21maartbewerkt-014.JPG

VERKLEIND 21maartbewerkt-088.JPG

VERKLEIND 21maartbewerkt-127.JPG

VERKLEIND 21maartbewerkt-128.JPG

VERKLEIND 21maartbewerkt-188.JPG

duckfather18

Reaction score

John Nada

Reaction score
I

I love how they captured that beauty in picture! Where did you get it from?

I bought it at a Dutch store, about an hour away from where I live. It's called Guitarking Boekel. They have a website and webstore as well. But it's a really nice non-franchise family store in a way that you don't find them often around here.

Latest Threads