NGD. Gibson Les Paul Standard 50's.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
Yes that's correct I did say that. I only stuck with them as I thought I was getting the guitar £200 cheaper than anywhere else in the UK. But I only got an email from them 2 weeks ago saying they can't honour any order made before the new owners took over the Dawsons store chain. Apparently they went into administration in May and then found a new buyer a few weeks later. And I only got an email 2 weeks ago. But yes I'm glad everything worked out in the end.
I hadn't realised that Dawsons had gone bust and then been bought. I wonder if it was on the cards anyway, or exacerbated by the lockdown? The one near me (Reading) always seems empty when I've gone in there during the week, so unless they sell a lot at the weekend it doesn't surprise me they were struggling.

I like the pictures of the guitar. :)

Neill Monty R8

Reaction score
Nice guitar, congratulations!

Interesting take on the pickups. Can't say I've ever come across a set of CBs that were "weak and anemic," and definitely not any that were a step down from BBs. You must have gotten a bum set somehow.
Yea I just couldn't get on with them no matter what height I set them. I replaced them with a set of OX4 pickups.

Latest Threads