NGD: Gibson Les Paul Standard '50s - Heritage Cherry Sunburst

SD456

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

After saving up for 5+ years I have finally bought my first Gibson Les Paul. She is a beauty and plays like a dream.

I was a little bit nervous, because non of the local shops had the new Original Collection models in stock, so I had to order it online.
After a few days of searching I have found one in Germany (Session.de), and instantly ordered it.
Then it was another 4 days of waiting time, (ordered it on Friday, so I had to wait until Monday), before she has arrived.

When I opened the case it was the beautiful finish that hit me, then the very nice vanilla/bourbon scent, I still can't believe how nice it smells, (at least it is a nice scent for me).

Did I mentioned how nice she plays? :D

Okay, enough talking, take a look at her;

ManicPete

Reaction score
AMAZING finish. Great pics too. Health to enjoy! What will you play on her?

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

After saving up for 5+ years I have finally bought my first Gibson Les Paul. She is a beauty and plays like a dream.

I was a little bit nervous, because non of the local shops had the new Original Collection models in stock, so I had to order it online.
After a few days of searching I have found one in Germany (Session.de), and instantly ordered it.
Then it was another 4 days of waiting time, (ordered it on Friday, so I had to wait until Monday), before she has arrived.

When I opened the case it was the beautiful finish that hit me, then the very nice vanilla/bourbon scent, I still can't believe how nice it smells, (at least it is a nice scent for me).

View attachment 397687
View attachment 397686
View attachment 397685View attachment 397684
View attachment 397688
View attachment 397689
Lovely congratulations I had to wait 5 days for my money to clear to get mine it was like being a kid at Christmas and yes they are smelly in a good way!/ mine is 14 she still smells like a pine car freshener although shes mahogany and maple.

LocoTex

Reaction score
My God! The new Standards are amazing! I got to where I didn't like Cherry Sunburst at all, but the 2019's are a big step up. And the tops on the new Standards....dayum!

HNGD!

danzego

Reaction score
Nice job on the pictures! I love the way the lighting brought out the color. Very pro looking! It looks great. Enjoy!

The new Standards are great guitars. I’ve considered selling my beloved 2019 Traditional to get another 50s Standard (a Tobacco to go with my own Cherry Sunburst like yours).

Last edited:

danzego

Reaction score
My God! The new Standards are amazing! I got to where I didn't like Cherry Sunburst at all, but the 2019's are a big step up. And the tops on the new Standards....dayum!

HNGD!
I’m with you. I always loved Cherry Sunburst, but when I decided to move up from my Studio and was shopping Traditional LP’s at the end of the 2018 model life cycle, I couldn’t find any in the 2018’s and 2019’s that I liked. There was something about the fade that I kept seeing this gross pink to varying degrees. I resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn’t be getting one and bought a Tobacco Sunburst instead.

They’ve done a much better job with the 50s Standards in that respect. I’ve been watching Sweetwater for kicks (even after getting my Standard) and I still see a few nasties here and there, but overall, the Cherry Sunbursts look way better than they have for a few years now.

brianbzed

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

View attachment 397687
View attachment 397686
View attachment 397685View attachment 397684
View attachment 397688
View attachment 397689
Gorgeous!

thxphotog

Reaction score
Can I swear here?? Flocking gorgeous! Wow! Congrats, but how in the he!l did you wait 5+ years? I have a really difficult time waiting 5 hours when I want something. Especially guitars where 0% financing is almost always an option. :)

Anyway, congrats on a real beauty!! Worth the wait and you'll sure appreciate it all the more. (and congrats on having the will power I wish I had!)

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Reaction score
The shade of burst on this LP is awesome,.... you are a lucky dog amigo.... great score:cheers:

SD456

Reaction score
Can I swear here?? Flocking gorgeous! Wow! Congrats, but how in the he!l did you wait 5+ years? I have a really difficult time waiting 5 hours when I want something. Especially guitars where 0% financing is almost always an option. :)

Anyway, congrats on a real beauty!! Worth the wait and you'll sure appreciate it all the more. (and congrats on having the will power I wish I had!)
Thank you! :)
Well, it was difficult, but sadly we do not have 0% financing in Hungary, (the lowest is 39,90% for 36 months), so I just had to save up. :)

endial

Reaction score
Wow.
That is one FINE looking guitar, there.