NGD: Gibson Les Paul Custom

MorphineNoir

Reaction score
This is my first Gibson (went from no Gibsons to this since joining this forum last Friday LOL) and, as they say, go big or go home so, here it is - my new 2022 Les Paul Custom with some bonus upgrades to the normal Les Paul Custom (the S-400 trapezoid inlays; Custombucker pickups; and chrome hardware rather than gold)

Specs:
  • Ebony Nitrocellulose Finish
  • 2- Piece Maple Top
  • Solid Mahogany Body
  • Mahogany Neck
  • Long Neck Tenon
  • Ebony Fretboard
  • Rounded Neck Profile
  • Mother of Pearl Super 400 Inlays
  • 24-3/4" Scale Length
  • 12" Radius
  • 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
  • Gibson Custombucker Alnico III Humbuckers
  • 2 500K CTS Volume Pots, 2 500K CTS Tone Pots, Hand-Wired Harness, Switchcraft Toggle Switch
  • Tune-o-Matic Bridge and Stopbar Tailpiece
  • Grover Kidney Tuners
  • Chrome Hardware
  • Weight: 9 lbs., 6 oz.

XBF1bNM.jpg

3pApMUc.jpg

vqH5x29.jpg

ZPPftvl.jpg

Just tuned it up and plugged in - the fretboard is like glass

I used to play a Parker Fly Artist with the carbon fiber fretboard and thought that was smooth - this Gibson has exceeded all expectations - WOW!

Last edited:

nadzab

Reaction score
Very nice, congratulations! That's a very cool, different look for a Custom.

I am jealous as I sit here waiting for my Alpine White Custom, ordered in April and now supposedly shipping sometime in July. Curious to hear your impressions of yours after you've put it through its paces.

MorphineNoir

Reaction score
Very nice, congratulations! That's a very cool, different look for a Custom.

I am jealous as I sit here waiting for my Alpine White Custom, ordered in April and now supposedly shipping sometime in July. Curious to hear your impressions of yours after you've put it through its paces.

Paces will come tomorrow as I live in a condo and do not want to disturb my upstairs neighbor and do not want to play it through headphones - I need to push some air - but, neighbor will be at work all day tomorrow and I will be working form home so, I am ready to put it through its paces tomorrow

Damn, them ebony customs are beautiful !!!! You guys are making it hard on me. LOL

DO IT!

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Felix79

Reaction score
I adore Custom's (had two), I too recently got the 70th anniversary custom ebony and it's impressed me.

With your custom, those split inlays remind me of my all time favourite Les Paul, which was the Supreme. Somehow, the nickel hardware works with those inlays. My 2011 Classic Custom, had this hardware and I went over to gold, as I love a black and gold custom.

The weight seems to be nice a light for a Custom too, I'm so use to having a 10lb+ custom, so when I see one under that, it's pretty impressive!

I get what you mean about the fingerboard, it's a godsend that Gibson are using Ebony again after that dark years during the 2010's!

lats667

Reaction score
Nice to see. I'm waiting for Thomann to send some pictures of the custom 2022 silverburst I'm waiting for, I think they just got it in. Excited to see how you like it, if everything is perfect or not :) Seriously nice with those inlays etc etc!!! Congrats!!!

Felix79

Reaction score
Nice to see. I'm waiting for Thomann to send some pictures of the custom 2022 silverburst I'm waiting for, I think they just got it in. Excited to see how you like it, if everything is perfect or not :) Seriously nice with those inlays etc etc!!! Congrats!!!

As. I mentioned earlier, I got myself the LP Custom Ebony 70th anniversary and I've been blown away with how much higher the QC seems to be. Paint is flawless, the action is so low, it would even make an Ibanez RG look like a lapsteel guitar, and yet no fret buzzing and the intonation is really spot on.

I think you will be blown away at just how amazingly easy they are to play. I use to own a 2011 Classic Custom, which was done by Gibson USA rather than the custom shop, and it had a baked maple fretboard. I spent about £350+ on putting gold hardware on it and putting in 490/498 humbucker, as well as a pro setup on the guitar. I thought it was on par with a custom shop LP Custom, but I now understand the difference between that guitar and my CS LP Custom. With a silverburst, you are going to be a very happy chappy with just how they have really stepped up in recent years and the best bit, is we get proper ebony fingerboards now!

jstarr

Starr Guitar Works
Reaction score

bigstock-Banned-44484928.jpg

Latest Threads