(NGD) Gibson Les Paul Custom 1989....

Prometheus

Reaction score
The more I see and hear about the LPs of the 80s and 90s the more I’m convinced those were great decades for Gibson!
To tell you the truth, I always felt kinda meh regarding 70s LP, you know unconventional materials and volutes and all that?
Until I tried my latest purchase, and it blew me away.

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Reaction score
To tell you the truth, I always felt kinda meh regarding 70s LP, you know unconventional materials and volutes and all that?
Until I tried my latest purchase, and it blew me away.
Then it becomes a sickness......when you can't wait to discover that next gem.

Then you realize that model year doesn't really matter that much and the selection gets that much broader......

That's when the sickness really kicks in:rofl::rofl::rofl:

By the way Pier, super nice Custom :cheers:

Prometheus

Reaction score
Then it becomes a sickness......when you can't wait to discover that next gem.

Then you realize that model year doesn't really matter that much and the selection gets that much broader......

That's when the sickness really kicks in:rofl::rofl::rofl:

By the way Pier, super nice Custom :cheers:

endial

Reaction score
Pier, that is awesome. A real fine example of what a Custom should be like, especially from that era. Give that tailpiece some time, bro. If you perform live, that fine tuning will make your night, I guarantee it.

Killer...KILLER Custom.

PierM

Reaction score
Pier, that is awesome. A real fine example of what a Custom should be like, especially from that era. Give that tailpiece some time, bro. If you perform live, that fine tuning will make your night, I guarantee it.

Killer...KILLER Custom.
Thanks man!

Yeah, I will gig soon, and she's on the list for that date. I like the look of the T6, and I also like the fine tuning...I'm just worried about the too soft feeling that does produce. 10/46 is feeling like a 08. I usually play better with some stiffness in the strings, but as for everything, could be I do manage to just adapt myself, as I had to do with my Tele. Also, those Bill Lawrence pickups are a blast, I don't understand why they stopped using those. They are totally unique voice.

Old Man in the Cave

Reaction score
Hey PierM !

I own a 1990 Custom (mine is a burst) and think that Gibson was really putting out some of the finest guitars they made since the late 50's during that era. Mine also has the Bill Lawrence CB pickups and I love them. The only thing I have to say as it's gotten heavier as I got older, so I tend to play lighter guitars like a Gretsch duojet now, LOL.

Enjoy that guitar !

Latest Threads