NGD: Gibson Les Paul 50s Standard

LesPaul60sTribute

Reaction score
Wow really love the guitar. The back is especially beautiful. I have the same guitar with a one piece back also.

Mine had the same chipping of the clear on the nut. Its very normal. I thought I had a crack at first too. But then realized it was just the clear.

Here are a few pics of my guitar.

Attachments

JohnnyPhatsaqs

Reaction score
Wow really love the guitar. The back is especially beautiful. I have the same guitar with a one piece back also.

Mine had the same chipping of the clear on the nut. Its very normal. I thought I had a crack at first too. But then realized it was just the clear.

Here are a few pics of my guitar.
Love it. And kinda dig that pickguard

roadbluff

Reaction score
Totally beautiful mahogany on that back, I would love to have found one like that.
Great looking maple top as well!
Congratulations on a beautiful Gibson Les Paul Standard.

Voodoo Child

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have an early 2000's LP Custom but hankering for a Standard with as near to vintage specs as possible *can't afford LP R7 or R9. Do these new 2020 50's models come up scratch ?

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, the new standard 50s and 60s are just spectacular..

it’s mind blowing how well made they seem to be...
cant wait to hopefully own one some day..

and the top needs only to be half as awesome as yours :wow:
that thing is bananas

-Chris

JohnnyPhatsaqs

Reaction score
Well, I am coming to grips with the fact I should have went with the 60s Standard. I LOVE this guitar and can't find a flaw on it. But, this neck is killing my left hand after maybe 15-20 minutes of play. Picked up the Junior the other day and can play for a couple hours. Same with all my others...no issues with extended play.

It sucks because I do love this thing. I got it at GC and don't know if they would just do a swap out. Of course, I have to go check what they have.

Is this a tough it out and get used to it thing, or did I really make an expensive mistake lol?

Chap79

Reaction score
I am quite surprised I must say. 50s neck aren't that bunchy. However, it would be wise indeed to change for a slim tapper if you are not at ease with it.

JohnnyPhatsaqs

Reaction score
NOPE. Can't do it. Brought my LP with me, and tried out a few 60s. I'm sticking with my 50s. That 60s is SUUUUUUUHWEEEEEEEEEET....but I prefer the 50s. The warmth and feel is just to homey for me. Sticking to my guns on this one.

catstrat

Reaction score
Now, this does concern me. Should I worry about it? I do NOT want to return this guitar or exchange it. This one just feels right. I’d rather just replace the nut.

View attachment 440832
Hell of a guitar.

Ive got multiple guitars that have the clear coat overrun on the side of the nut. Nothing to be concerned about.

Latest Threads