NGD - Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue VOS - Lemon Burst

Slater529

Senior Citizen
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, beautiful top! I have an R8 that looks very similar and I love mine to death. Congrats!!!

honeyBurst59

Reaction score
I recently got a Les Paul kit from Precision Guitars out of Canada (superb kit) and wanted to get that lemon burst when spraying it but ended up messing up the color a little so it's now more orange/red (which I've grown to love over time), however I really really wish I had a lemon burst like yours. Yours is a beauty. Play the hell out of it!!!

landguitar

Reaction score
Wow. I am not a “plain top” person nor lemon, but that is drop dead gorgeous. Love the grain and the finish is almost 3-D with nice depth. Excellent score, hope it plays and sounds wonderful. Where did you get it? Just curious if you played it or was it an internet purchase.

jimmer_5

Reaction score
Now THAT is a plain top that's not really all that plain. Great score - I love the grain and the color.

My Tobacco burst R8 is my go to guitar - they're really hard to beat.

redrabit1

Reaction score
I just LOVE 'plaint tops'- that one is particularly beautiful!! I am heading to Dave's this weekend in hopes of adding one to the collection, and maybe pairing down a bit. Nice choice- let the flashy people play the flashy guitars- I'll go with these every time.

bbutler123

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on my dream guitar - a Gibson Custom 1958 R8 in Lemon Burst. Best guitar I have ever seen, played, or owned. I am beyond in love with this perfect guitar. Just had to share on here how happy I am!

View attachment 488742 View attachment 488739 View attachment 488740 View attachment 488741
Yea, that is gorgeous. Look at my own little picture by my user name. It's more like yours than any I've seen. That's a brownish on the corners of mine by the way, not red. You have a beautiful guitar. Really, really... :)

SkaneatelesLake

Reaction score
Thanks all! I got her from Sweetwater and just couldn't pass her up. Worked with my guitar guy there and got her for a great price. It was sold as a demo model, but I can't find a thing on her that is wrong. Saved $1,000+ by doing that and still got three years interest free payments. By far the best guitar I've owned or played in my life. Just love her. Thanks all, I really appreciate the good vibes on this forum. All positive.

SkaneatelesLake

Reaction score
I have a question about the serial number and dating it. I have written Gibson for clarification too. My serial number is 8913** and the Final Pack Checklist says 03/18/20. So my question is: Is it a 2019 or a 2020? The serial number says 2019 because the second number is 9 but the packing list says 3/2020. So, I am confused. Gibson was always good about responding but recently they have stopped answering emails. (Maybe because of Covid-19) Thanks!

Brek

Reaction score
When I first discovers the Les Paul I was all about the heritage cherry burst, now I have matured it's all about the Lemon top.

HJR

Reaction score
Wow! Congrats she’s beautiful. From one R8 VOS owner to another, it is the best in my book. Played my for 2.5 hours today. You’re going to love it!

Latest Threads