NGD Gibson Adam Jones LP Standard

lats667

Reaction score
Also seems like these cases are standard now, even for "lower" models like the classic and maybe the studio.

While I'm waiting for my AJ standard or Silverburst LPC (no I can't really afford any!) I bought a used LTD ec1001t silverburst with contour neck heel. Doesn't make a ton of difference to me. The low e is just as inaccessible on the upper frets, but it's probably an improvement on the treble strings and maybe g string. I'm no shredder anyway.

richedie

Reaction score
It's a beautiful LP. Inc again congrats.

I'm curious, have you played any PRS Singlecuts?
I'm close to ordering either the AJ LP or another PRS. I love the both for different reasons.

I do want a silverburst LP eventually. This could be the one.

richedie

Reaction score
Also seems like these cases are standard now, even for "lower" models like the classic and maybe the studio.

While I'm waiting for my AJ standard or Silverburst LPC (no I can't really afford any!) I bought a used LTD ec1001t silverburst with contour neck heel. Doesn't make a ton of difference to me. The low e is just as inaccessible on the upper frets, but it's probably an improvement on the treble strings and maybe g string. I'm no shredder anyway.
Hey there...
On my PRS SC250, I can easily access any fret or string. I'm not familiar with the LTD. ESP?

richedie

Reaction score
I'm about a month away from being able to get an AJ. I was going to put money down to order one but no store will take orders or allow me to hold or order without full price down. :(

metalmike222

Reaction score
I just stopped by Guitar Center to ask them about the AJ Silverburst Standard. She said they SHOULD get a shipment from Gibson on June 30th (but there's no guarantee Gibson will meet that date). That GC as a whole is ONLY getting 75 of them, and that the only way to reserve one is to pay in full, up front. They don't bill your card until it ships, but that's the only way. Now I'm just trying to decide how badly my wife is going to hurt me BEFORE she kills me for getting one. Probably going to put down the pre-order sometime next week.

richedie

Reaction score
Glad I'm not married. Haha!

I'm either gonna get one and just place down the full or get another PRS. PRS guitars play so well but there is this clunky charm about a great LP!

richedie

Reaction score
I just stopped by Guitar Center to ask them about the AJ Silverburst Standard. She said they SHOULD get a shipment from Gibson on June 30th (but there's no guarantee Gibson will meet that date). That GC as a whole is ONLY getting 75 of them, and that the only way to reserve one is to pay in full, up front. They don't bill your card until it ships, but that's the only way. Now I'm just trying to decide how badly my wife is going to hurt me BEFORE she kills me for getting one. Probably going to put down the pre-order sometime next week.
They may only be getting a few at a time though?

metalmike222

Reaction score
They may only be getting a few at a time though?
Maybe. She didn't have any info on if there were any more coming. Since Gibson has apparently already discontinued the VOS Custom model, it wouldn't surprise me if this was going to be it...

Has anyone done the Guitar Center financing? Looking at it now and just trying to decide if it's worth it, or if I would just be better off using my credit card. I know the financing page says 48 months, no interest, but I have no experience with it, so I don't know how much fine print is there.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
... Has anyone done the Guitar Center financing? Looking at it now and just trying to decide if it's worth it, or if I would just be better off using my credit card. I know the financing page says 48 months, no interest, but I have no experience with it, so I don't know how much fine print is there.
There is no bait and switch or fine trickery. All you got to do is just pay your bill on time. If you go seriously delinquent then they will switch you over to regular interest. They don't always offer the 48-month, so that is a good deal for you. Also, you will get "gear card" rewards for the purchase too, which is like another $150 that is just like cash at GC (those rewards will come in the mail, so be on the look out for them and watch the expiration dates as they definitely expire, so be sure to use them). Killer deal, go for it!

metalmike222

Reaction score
The only caveat is that the 48 months, no interest looks like it ends at the end of this month. Since the pre-order doesn't charge until the guitar ships, it might not qualify for the no interest. Realistically, it won't be a problem at all to pay it off in a year. I just don't want to finance it thinking I'll get 48 months no interest, and then end up paying 30% APR. That's their normal interest rate...

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
Well, getting at least a 12 or 24-month no-interest deal is fairly common for any large purchase like this one (the 48-month is not that common but not exactly rare either). Also, when using the financing regardless of the deal will also get you the $150 rewards too; you don't get the rewards unless you finance it. When I got my last Les Paul (with 48-month 0% financing, btw), I later on combined the rewards I got for the purchase along with a 15% discount on new gear for trading in my old amp for a much better brand-new amp. So ... with the 15% trade-in discount, the value of the trade-in, and also the gear-card rewards, it ended up being $80 to me for the new expensive amp. Honestly, it felt a bit like I got the new and better amp almost for a straight trade for the lesser used amp ... killer deal (thanks GC).

Last edited:

metalmike222

Reaction score
Well, I said heck with it and applied, got approved, and put in the order. Now all I have to do is wait...

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
... Now all I have to do is wait ...
s4xdmscuiat31.jpg

metalmike222

Reaction score

Yep... that's probably what I'm gonna look like when the wife finds out. The funny part is I usually spend WAY more on gear every year, but I spread it out on a lot of smaller items. Just gonna have to lay low the rest of this year and stop checking out pawn shops...

richedie

Reaction score
I am looking for a shop or online store that will let me order and buy now, making payments since I can't pay in full till mid June. :(

jlb32

Reaction score
Awesome guitar!! So glad Gibson did this one in a Standard also.
I am personally looking to buy one but just not sure yet.

richedie

Reaction score
Hey, does this model. Still have the old typical Gibson LP issues where the G string struggles to stay in tune and the way the bridge is set up, the strings sometimes hit the edge of the bridge body as it anchors to the stop tail?

Latest Threads