NGD (First strat ...)

Reaction score
I’ve always been a Les Paul person, but have always loved strats too, even though I’ve never actually owned one (not even a cheap copy when I was starting out ...)

Anyway, I decided to put this right, and went out with the intention of buying a candy apple red USA standard with a rosewood fretboard. Instead, I fell in love with a white MIM with a maple fretboard! (You can never explain true love ...)

Anyway, here she is: one on her own, and one with her siblings ...

1016392B-9C2C-44F4-B33C-EB6F5D53B5ED.jpeg
B7C7025C-2AF5-463B-989B-952DFE16EB39.jpeg

DarrellV

Sharp as a bowlin' ball! Oh, Look! ..SQUIRREL!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I decided to put this right, and went out with the intention of buying a candy apple red USA standard with a rosewood fretboard.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::dunno::dunno::dunno:

Here's what one looks like, so you don't get confused again! Sorry about the ebony board tho...:laugh2:

Very nice Strat there, OP! Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s all the Strat you need right there.
Beautiful!!!!
My favorite Strat paint job.

61LPSG

Reaction score
HoneyMonster,
That's sweet. It's exactly what I have been looking for. White+maple+MIM.
Congrats.

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
White with maple — always a classic!! If you like it and it plays right for you then what else is there...?
:applause:

My first Strat was (still is!) Candy Apple Red. At the time, I wanted a maple neck — the Mark Knopfler, David Gilmour look, I guess...

I still love that combo but over the last few years I’ve come to appreciate the way old CAR works very nicely with a rosewood ‘board on a classic early-60s Strat (original or RI) and if I was buying now, I’d probably go for Classic two-tone sunburst with maple and maybe CAR with rosewood — although Lake Placid Blue might beat that!

Darrell, a post mentions Candy Apple Red and two other MLPers got in ahead of you!!
You’re losing your touch dude!
:doh: :naughty:

scozz

Reaction score
Congrats @HoneyMonster81!!

What year is your New Strat?

Fender mim Strats are a great value in the electric guitar market. Ive had a Strat in my house since 1980 when I bought my first one, (a 1975 Strat). Today I have a 2015 mim Strat that’s killer...Jeff Beck USA Hot Noiseless loaded pickguard...Fender locking tuners...upgraded vintage big block bridge!

Last edited:

scozz

Reaction score
Looked back and found a pic of my first Strat from 10 years ago...obviously the one hanging on the wall on the right...

DarrellV

Sharp as a bowlin' ball! Oh, Look! ..SQUIRREL!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Darrell, a post mentions Candy Apple Red and two other MLPers got in ahead of you!!
You’re losing your touch dude!
:doh: :naughty:
:lol::lol::applause::thumb:

Yeah, Now that there are at least 2 others in here sharing the Candy Apple love, I figured I'd share the floor a little... Don't want to be a post hog! :eek2:

But I do share the white and maple and MIM likes with OP!

That should get me a gold star! :laugh2:

fett

Reaction score
I have a few MIM Strats and 2 Teles. I love maple necks. Here's tip from a guy who owns way too many Squiers. Some of the older MIK Squiers came with really nice maple necks. Some were even one-piece. The tuners would need changing.