NGD Firebird 1

gball

Reaction score
Very nice!! That's the AMS/Zzounds limited edition I presume? I have the exact same guitar, got it last year. It's become one of my favorites, absolutely killer. This gets more play time than my Firebird V...

Firebird I.jpg

(It's got a few small changes from stock: Creamtone truss rod cover, speed knobs, locking bridge studs)

Slick Willy

Reaction score
Yeah I got it from AMS. I have always liked the look of Firebird’s but never owned one. I just couldn’t get into the studio version. I wanted a neck thru. Not that I’m a snob. I just wanted a traditional styled Firebird not a set neck. I’m just stupid over LP/SG jr’s. Something about their simple lay outs. When I saw an actual Firebird 1 I knew I had to get it! It just got here so I’ve not give it e hard work out. Plus its setup is decent, but it can be improved. Plus a better set of strings. Anyways I’m pumped about it. It fits nicely in with my Gold Top and my J35.. gball that’s an awesome bird!

gball

Reaction score
Yeah I got it from AMS. I have always liked the look of Firebird’s but never owned one. I just couldn’t get into the studio version. I wanted a neck thru. Not that I’m a snob. I just wanted a traditional styled Firebird not a set neck. I’m just stupid over LP/SG jr’s. Something about their simple lay outs. When I saw an actual Firebird 1 I knew I had to get it! It just got here so I’ve not give it e hard work out. Plus its setup is decent, but it can be improved. Plus a better set of strings. Anyways I’m pumped about it. It fits nicely in with my Gold Top and my J35.. gball that’s an awesome bird!
Man, there is something special about the necktrough construction, not just the look, of the reverse body ones. They resonate and sustain different from any other Gibson. I owned a non-reverse Firebird for a while and while it was super cool in its own right I never really bonded with it...it didn't sound like the neckthroughs and it felt really unwieldy, whereas these things feel amazing once you get used to how long they are. Enjoy it.

And I'm sure you'll agree that photos don't do the color of the finish justice. Not silver, not grey, more of a pewter thing.. Really unique and fits the vibe perfectly.

Slick Willy

Reaction score
Man, there is something special about the necktrough construction, not just the look, of the reverse body ones. They resonate and sustain different from any other Gibson. I owned a non-reverse Firebird for a while and while it was super cool in its own right I never really bonded with it...it didn't sound like the neckthroughs and it felt really unwieldy, whereas these things feel amazing once you get used to how long they are. Enjoy it.

And I'm sure you'll agree that photos don't do the color of the finish justice. Not silver, not grey, more of a pewter thing.. Really unique and fits the vibe perfectly.
The color described on the web site and photos don’t do it justice. I would agree it’s on the pewter side of silver. My wife said it should be on a KISS record cover. I took her to see ACE awhile back and she has gotten turned on to them now. But she’s only 28. Thanks for all of the comments.

gball

Reaction score
The color described on the web site and photos don’t do it justice. I would agree it’s on the pewter side of silver. My wife said it should be on a KISS record cover. I took her to see ACE awhile back and she has gotten turned on to them now. But she’s only 28. Thanks for all of the comments.
Haha, well when I first got into Kiss as a kid in the '70's Paul was still playing his Firebird I (when it was still vintage burst before he painted it black like on the cover of Alive), so she's definitely on to something!

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Price is actually really good, but taxes and shipping keep me from ordering one.

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love that so much!

I want one, but can't decide on the silver or blue one.

Congrats!

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have never seen that finish on a Firebird I. Super slick!
:applause:
HNGD!

Slick Willy

Reaction score
I think the original Firebird was offered in a silver mist. But someone can fact check it would be great. I was looking through Gibson’s line up. Why don’t they offer the 1’s in the lineup?

Slick Willy

Reaction score
Here’s a few pics of the control captivity. What size are is the blue cap? What would have been in a original Firebird 1?
A06C3EDD-5598-4F83-880A-24DCB903F6AD.jpeg
D8404304-B02E-4F88-B6DC-AC43005E9927.jpeg
9176FCFB-DB4B-4380-8C10-B66D2CF5E507.jpeg

Slick Willy

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome back and kind comments! I’ve been playing it thru my 60’s Gibson GA5. I can imagine a kid with this combo back in the 60’s. It rips when plugged into my twin!

Latest Threads