NGD - Finally in the Les Paul club!

morepowder

Reaction score
The neck is .91” and 1.02”. Just perfect.

I am realizing this is a a LOT of guitar for the price. Especially if you think by the pound! :rofl: Compared to my 7 1/2 pound Fender’s, just under 10 pounds gets your attention. Love it.

As it’s my first LP, I can’t really have an educated opinion on the 59 Tribute pickups. I do know they have that Gibson spank I was looking for ... in spades! Great guitar.

EF274D58-0ADA-41C3-8ACE-9BEDA3E26959.jpeg

E9E8F4AA-FC55-4693-8695-B0CF98B9750B.jpeg

Last edited:

Oddball667

Reaction score
....I also just joined the LP club (3 days ago) , nowhere near the LP you have here , but this LP studio literally fell in my lap because i had a marshall halfstack I never had any business owning in the first place and the neighbor wouldn't leave me alone about buying it .
So he hands me (what I think finally figured out was a 96 LP ) a les paul in a Gibson USA hardshell case and basically the same Marshall amp but in 30 watt amp instead of a 100 watt amp and 4x12 cab.

Attachments

truckermde

Reaction score
Looks amazing! Love that finish, and yours has a brilliant top!

Interesting that they chose to do a non-traditional finish on the "Traditional", but I'm glad they did, because it looks AWESOME!

HNGD, & welcome!! :)

:cheers2:

smk506

Reaction score
I love Teles and had owned a couple of Les Pauls over the years. But my 2014 Trad in Ocean Blue was the first one that clicked for me. It was the 59 Tribute pups that really worked for me.

I am realizing this is a a LOT of guitar for the price. Especially if you think by the pound! :rofl: Compared to my 7 1/2 pound Fender’s, just under 10 pounds gets your attention. Love it.

As it’s my first LP, I can’t really have an educated opinion on the 59 Tribute pickups. I do know they have that Gibson spank I was looking for ... in spades! Great guitar.

View attachment 494634
View attachment 494635

The 59 tributes in my 2015 are some of my favorite pickups. They definitely chime and they’re very articulate and versatile. I wish less people liked them! :naughty::laugh2:

Oddball667

Reaction score
I actually want a Tele , but I'm actually leaning towards a modern (esp) rather then a classic fender .
All though I do really like the thinlines with the pearly gates and jb humbuckers and set necks , but then again I already own a les paul

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Premium Member
Reaction score
OH MAN!!! What a First Lester to have. If you ever start getting more (very likely) and if you can (financially) keep your First one, do so.

I regret selling my First.

Yours is stunning

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Premium Member
Reaction score

View attachment 494634
View attachment 494635
That's an AWESOME aural arsenal you gots yourself, Brother

stratguy949

Reaction score

View attachment 494634
View attachment 494635
Beautiful. Now tell us about the way you have your guitars hung on the wall please.

buliwyf

Reaction score
Sweet looking LP but boy are we oppisites, Im not a fan of single coils. I need the crunch of a humbucker. Mostly I only play hard rock/heavy metal so although sometimes a hot p90 will do, unless it’s a stacked single coil it just won’t get the crunch I need. You should be doing some crunching with that LP for sure.

morepowder

Reaction score
Thanks all, appreciate the kind words.

Stratguy, those are Hercules Hooks. Spring loaded by the weight of the guitar, the front of the holder flips closed from either side and holds the guitars very securely. Reportedly they do not damage nitro finishes.

Latest Threads