NGD - Finally - EVH Wolfgang Special

kysrsoze

Reaction score
I've been waiting 5 months since I ordered this thing, and after multiple delays it has finally come in stock and been delivered to me. I've heard so many good things about these guitars and all the demos sounded great. It was hard to really tell what color Miami Blue actually is - doesn't look like most of the photos on the web. These pics are about as close to the real color as you can get.

The body shape is still a little bit odd to me, but it's growing on me and it's very comfortable to play sitting or standing. Build quality is pretty amazing, but it had pretty much the worst Floyd setup I've ever seen from the factory. Once I got everything setup correctly, it plays wonderfully. Easy and fun to play - the neck feels REALLY good and it sounds great. It seems pretty versatile for a number of styles, something I wouldn't have expected. All of Mr. VH's tweaking over a few decades produced something that really stands on its own.

Unfortunately, now I want to buy another to keep in standard tuning - too much of a hassle going back and forth between standard and E Flat.

IMG_2234 2.jpg

IMG_2235 2.jpg

IMG_2236 2.jpg

IMG_2238 2.jpg

hotshot

Reaction score
Boy that's good looking !! Don't you just love it when things work out !!!! Congratulations.

smk506

Reaction score
Lot of LP influences in that design, but it’s it’s own thing at the end of the day. Reminds me of a hot rod!

wildhawk1

Reaction score
I've been waiting 5 months since I ordered this thing, and after multiple delays it has finally come in stock and been delivered to me. I've heard so many good things about these guitars and all the demos sounded great. It was hard to really tell what color Miami Blue actually is - doesn't look like most of the photos on the web. These pics are about as close to the real color as you can get.

The body shape is still a little bit odd to me, but it's growing on me and it's very comfortable to play sitting or standing. Build quality is pretty amazing, but it had pretty much the worst Floyd setup I've ever seen from the factory. Once I got everything setup correctly, it plays wonderfully. Easy and fun to play - the neck feels REALLY good and it sounds great. It seems pretty versatile for a number of styles, something I wouldn't have expected. All of Mr. VH's tweaking over a few decades produced something that really stands on its own.

Unfortunately, now I want to buy another to keep in standard tuning - too much of a hassle going back and forth between standard and E Flat.

View attachment 575758

View attachment 575759

View attachment 575760

View attachment 575761

Bonus points for the pillow. :slash:

KS 5150

Reaction score
Congratulations, that is awesome! I love the WG Specials, imo they are as good as the USA WG's, at a fraction of the price :thumb: I played a Miami Blue Special a couple of months ago and it was killer. I just recently found a Candy Apple Red WG MIM at an amazing price locally...HNGD!

Ym-Dc6h-BZTb-Sn-Bx9-DLASk-Jg.jpg

kysrsoze

Reaction score
Lot of LP influences in that design, but it’s it’s own thing at the end of the day. Reminds me of a hot rod!

Yeah, I think so too. The way the bridge lies against the body and the carved top make it feel a bit like an LP with a hard tail. Best of all worlds, I suppose.

kysrsoze

Reaction score
Congratulations, that is awesome! I love the WG Specials, imo they are as good as the USA WG's, at a fraction of the price :thumb: I played a Miami Blue Special a couple of months ago and it was killer. I just recently found a Candy Apple Red WG MIM at an amazing price locally...HNGD!

Ym-Dc6h-BZTb-Sn-Bx9-DLASk-Jg.jpg
Really sweet in red! Wish they still sold that instead of purple and salmon. Nice touch with the strap buttons too - those your addition, or were they already on there?

KS 5150

Reaction score
Thanks! That was me... :thumb: I feel it's appropriate for EVH guitars, and I have a matching strap

rich85

Reaction score
So good. They basically play themselves. I would look for a used Peavey or Music Man made version as they came with tune o matic also. Not sure why EVH isn’t offering that. Or at least a Strat trem you can float or block off as usual.

Latest Threads