NGD: Fender USA KWS Signature Stratocaster

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
Well technically it came in as I was walking out the door for work Thursday evening.. I was sort of holding out till the new pickguard was on. The pearl looks good but I bought an eggshell one from sweetwater that should arrive in the next couple of days.. I’ll update after that is swapped..

Anyhow on to the meat and potatoes..

Nitro finish
Chambered Ash body with transparent Sonic Blue
Color matched headstock
7.25 radius with 6100 frets
Rosewood board with block inlays
KWS voiced pickups
Graphtech saddles

The very first real concert I ever went to was to see Kenny Wayne Shepherd. He was playing at the old Plaza Theater in Lafayette, La. I must of been about 17 years old or so. His second album was out and the song “Blue On Black” was on the radio every time ya turned around. He’s been often called “just another SRV clone”. Early in his career it was probably true. As time went by his sound has evolved into something else. There’s always a classic blues shuffle in rotation though. I can remember in the early days of guitar playing that I wished they made a bound neck with block inlay strat. I was rocking a transparent green Epiphone LP standard at the time. In the mid 60s such a strat did exist but not many made it out of the factory.

I’ve been a LP guy as long as I can remember but I’ve always loved Stratty tones…between Hendrix and SRV there was a lot to love..

Now on to the visuals

E7752A56-37B9-45A8-9903-1D62759D3871.jpeg
28AFA8FC-205F-4C7D-881B-0911AAED257B.jpeg
DB577579-3FFA-44F2-89E1-E7283CFD5C6D.jpeg

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is gorgeous. The inlays and matching headstock color make it look so classy.

Congratulations, beautiful guitar!

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that's a Strat!
On that particular one, I think the pearl looks great!

smk506

Reaction score
That thing is dead sexy! :Ohno:

Is it chambered like an LP with two slabs glued together for the body with chambers cut out or is the chambering under the pick guard??? How does that work?

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
That thing is dead sexy! :Ohno:

Is it chambered like an LP with two slabs glued together for the body with chambers cut out or is the chambering under the pick guard??? How does that work?
From what I understand it’s chambered similar to the EJ strat that has the F holes.. I’ll take some photos when I go to change the guard out.. it’s light but not overly light… it’s about the same range as your typical SG

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
Well in my sleep depravation I swapped the pickguards… it totally eluded me that fender’s shielding doubles as a ground for the electronics… the new guard didn’t have said shielding… oops… ah well, I’ll just gaze at it till that comes in… I’m not taking all of that apart twice lol

DFDF864A-15BB-4FDE-B103-007AFB904A2C.jpeg

Paul46

Reaction score
Looks much better with the new guard imo. Gorgeous guitar!

Latest Threads