NGD - Fender Squire CV Telecaster Custom!

bblooz

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked this baby up today. Practically new 2018 Fender Squire Classic Vibe Telecaster Custom. I love the looks, and will likely swap out the PUs, but we'll see. First thing is to somehow moisturize that driftwood-looking fret board. I see Fender is now substituting "Indian Laurel" for rosewood on these. Will these darken up with a little stain or oil like rosewood? Anywho, here's a couple pix I shot when I got her home:
2018_SquireCV_TeleCustom01.JPG
2018_SquireCV_TeleCustom02.JPG
2018_SquireCV_TeleCustom03.JPG

bblooz

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't realize there was a Fender sub-forum here. Mods you can move there if you wish. Tnx

Malikon

말 러 곤
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice. I see what you mean about the fretboard. The CV Customs I've seen before and played in the store had a fretboard that practically looked like Ebony it was so black.

I got tired of all the new 'Blond' fretboards on guitars the past couple years and switched to maple necks. I like maple, I like ebony, I like super dark rosewood,.. but that 'blond' look I just can't get into.

Congrats on your guitar. the CV's are pretty fantastic.

fett

Reaction score
It took me awhile and many of them to get the spelling right. It's Squier. Sire. That's a nice one. Get to know them. They are plentiful and not very expensive. Some of the older ones are very well made .

Moni

Banned
Reaction score
I just picked this baby up today. Practically new 2018 Fender Squire Classic Vibe Telecaster Custom. I love the looks, and will likely swap out the PUs, but we'll see. First thing is to somehow moisturize that driftwood-looking fret board. I see Fender is now substituting "Indian Laurel" for rosewood on these. Will these darken up with a little stain or oil like rosewood? Anywho, here's a couple pix I shot when I got her home:
2018_SquireCV_TeleCustom01.JPG

2018_SquireCV_TeleCustom02.JPG
2018_SquireCV_TeleCustom03.JPG

That is gorgeous! I think that fretboard will darken a bit as a little time goes by.

I bought a Custom Tele from zZounds I really love lots ❤ <3

It has a maple board but impressed with the much better than average fret work. The pickups are great too!

43A7649C-E079-44C9-A848-F53DC161B6C4.jpeg

fleahead

Reaction score
CV's are among the best bang for the buck. I've had a '60s CAR Strat and Tele Custom and while I ended up having to sell them for future purchases I intend to get another just like them.

Two great guitars for $600 used? Yeah

Telechamp

Reaction score
Ahh - yours must be when they were still using rosewood (or Pau Ferrro) for the fret boards. That's the look I'm shooting for!
Yes, this one (a 2010) has a nice dark rosewood board!