NGD - Fender Player Plus Stratocaster

kysrsoze

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to play more Gilmour, Hendrix and Frusciante songs, and also some cleaner stuff. As a result, I’ve been playing my Tele more lately and liking it a lot, so I thought I’d give it another shot with a Stratocaster.

I had an older MIM Strat that I just could not bond with at all, and I ended up selling it. I was planning to pick up a nice SSS Classic Vibe or Player, but then started checking out the Player Plus models and wound up getting an SSH. Wasn’t looking at the tri-color gradient finish either, but it actually looks great in person.

For my level of suckage, I can’t justify the expense of an Ultra, but this thing has so many worthwhile upgrades. It’s a pretty fantastic guitar - really well executed. The rolled 12” radius neck is as good or better than my EVH guitars, and the noiseless pickups sound very nice… even the wide range bridge pickup sounds great when split. The tone controls and even the volume have a big effect on the sound. I’m going to add the 7-way mod and install push-push pots instead of the awful push-pull knob that’s on it right now.

Instead of trying to play it through high gain amps, I’m using different boost, fuzz and modulation pedals into a cleaner amp and I’m getting the kind of sounds I was never able to do in the past. I’m also leaning how much different I need to play than on my other guitars - different strumming and articulation… almost like playing a new instrument. It’s a lot of fun so far.

4F7A9594-5BB7-4F80-85B5-5F494A4F73E3.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Threads