[NGD] Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster

davidrf

Reaction score
Hi there, I finally pulled the trigger and acquired this 2015 American Deluxe Strat with Ash body. I actually got it a week ago but I was able to shoot some pictures only today:

It was a great deal: 1000€ (about 1100$) used in excellent conditions (only minor scratches almost impossible to see in the photos). Frets are very close to 100%.

The color is "white blonde" and as you can see the paint is semi-transparent, letting the grain of the ash body show.

The weight of the guitar is 3.4kg/7.5 pounds, so considering the locking tuners and the high-mass tremolo block, it is a pretty light guitar.

I find it very resonant and open sounding. I'd say a woody, raw tone. Also, it is pretty big sounding for a Strat. Very different in nature from my 2014 American Standard FSR Channel-Bound.

I bought this guitar while a was looking for a lower-priced 22 frets Strat to use as a "rock machine" with a humbucker in the bridge. I couldn't pass this deal so I spent more money and got this Deluxe, but I will still change the pickups.

I will probably have the pickups hand-wound by my luthier, but to give you and idea there will be something like a Duncan Custom-Custom in the bridge and full sounding Alnico 5 middle and neck to match the humbucker. The pickguard will remain a tortoise one, I've already bought the HSS version.

Well, it is all for the moment. NGD to me!

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice! I had an Am Deluxe in Olympic Pearl with the tortoise guard, alder body with a maple board. They're great guitars.

smk506

Reaction score
Very nice! I like the translucent white with the tortoise shell, very classy look.

dro

Reaction score
Nice looking guitar. Good call on the pickups. My Deluxes, though quiet, lacked flavor. I hope the Seymore Duncan's do it for you.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just snagged an unplayed 09 Am Dlx SCN S-1 and absolutely in love with it...

Damn incredible guitar.... Best Strat I have ever played...

Select Alder body though....

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love blonde on ash - so cool. Congrats!

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
Congrats! Got a similar one a few years ago. Ash trans white.

Had some issues but I got them sorted, bad neck set from the factory, and swapped the noiseless for a set of 57 / 62 Fenders and it made a huge difference.

Also had an S-1 put in it and finally a hummer in the bridge, but this is how it came on my NGD!

Phil W

Reaction score
I don't comment much on NGD posts but this one is very nice indeed. I really like the translucent white.

Latest Threads