Ngd evh

Custom53

Reaction score
Here is the Frankenstrat my friend and I put together. We saw the $20,000 Fender R.I. and decided we could do that... We attempted to get every detail we could. The neck isn't exactly like the orig, but it is very, very close. - close enough, especially when Ed had 100 different necks on that guitar through the years.

The original Frank had a body and neck from Boogie parts. Ed visited the factory and bought a factory second body because it was cheaper.

We are quite proud of our work.

Very Cool..!

Dutchy5150

Reaction score
Here is the Frankenstrat my friend and I put together. We saw the $20,000 Fender R.I. and decided we could do that... We attempted to get every detail we could. The neck isn't exactly like the orig, but it is very, very close. - close enough, especially when Ed had 100 different necks on that guitar through the years.

The original Frank had a body and neck from Boogie parts. Ed visited the factory and bought a factory second body because it was cheaper.

We are quite proud of our work.

Wow... That looks amazing. I've done a few of these too and they are great fun to make.

Well done to you and your mate..

You can see my Franks in this photo....

wmachine

Reaction score
If I could bring myself to play a guitar with someone elses name on it.......
So no Fenders?, Gibsons? PSR? And hoards of others?
I know. We all have our particular criteria for likes and dislikes.

hbucker

Reaction score
Wow... That looks amazing. I've done a few of these too and they are great fun to make.

Well done to you and your mate..

You can see my Franks in this photo....

:slash::cool: I've got a purple PV Wolfgang HT also. My EBMM EVH is natural, like the EVH in this o.p.

I'd love to have your 5150 Kramer. That guitar is even more iconic for me than the Frankenstrat. That might be my next project :hmm:

Dutchy5150

Reaction score
^
As you can probably tell, the Franky is my favorite but the 5150 is a close second. I love that guitar (the original). I got the neck and body for mine from Musikraft in NJ. They are awesome to deal with and the quality of their work is awesome..

I've just started the Hot For Teacher & Kramer Ad guitars for my next projects. I'll hopefully be striping them up and spraying the red this weekend (weather permitting). I'll post some photos when I do it.

ACELUEK

ACE FREHLEY'S BASTARD SON
Reaction score
Pretty sure the nut was the problem. Very nice guitar.

My Les Paul Classifieds