NGD Eric Johnson Thinline Stratocaster

lovehifi

Reaction score
NGD! The newly released Eric Johnson Thinline Stratocaster. Just received it yesterday and spent last night setting it up. Wasn't much to do though. This may be the first guitar out of all the Fenders and Gibsons I have bought that was setup perfectly right out of the box. I did set the pickups up and raise the D string just a hair. Intonation was dead on as well as action height and neck relief. Pictures do not do it justice. Playablility is fantastic. Sounds different than my other EJs (both maple and rosewood) but in a good way. Has some warmth to it and yet the Strat tones are still there. Blues playing awesomeness! Love the neck and middle pickups whether playing through my Friedman Small Box or through my 66 Super reverb. Playing clean or with some dirt both sound great! Still messing with the bridge pickup and almost there. Anyway excited to have it and I really like its uniqueness both in looks and tone. Sorry for the low quality pics.
DSC01708.jpg

DSC01711.jpg

DSC01712.jpg

DSC01703.jpg

Last edited:

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Outstanding brother!! I was just looking these this morning. I need a thin line and a ‘05 maple EJS....
That’s just a beautiful guitar,man!

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
Had to come back and take a second look. That thing is stunning!!!

tzd

Reaction score
Congrats! Is the neck profile the same as the original EJ?

lovehifi

Reaction score
Congrats! Is the neck profile the same as the original EJ?
Its still pretty fat but not as fat as my other maple neck EJ. Very close to the neck profile of my rosewood EJ.

Reactions: tzd

NotScott

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations on something different and cool! I am really trying hard not to buy one of these.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
First really new mod ever on a Stratocaster. Wish I had the two grand, sigh....