NGD - Epiphone Les Paul Custom Joe Bonamassa Black Beauty

MauryVinc72-

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "rjwilson37, post: 9726462, membro: 42845"]
Oggi ho preso questa bellissima ragazza e l'ho interpretata per un po '. Era perfettamente in sintonia a toglierla dal muro e poi, dopo un sacco di impuntamenti e flessioni, era ancora perfettamente in sintonia. Non ho nemmeno dovuto toccare i sintonizzatori, è una ragazza così fantastica, questo è certo. Che gioia suonare, un manico e una tastiera così morbidi e comodi.
[/CITAZIONE]
Ciao a tutti ... ho una curiosità .. Dove vengono costruite le Epiphone Joe Bonamassa personalizzate Black Beauty?

Cina? Grazie

darkvoice

Reaction score
I recently bought a Black Beauty from someone.
Everything is great, except for sharp frets that stick out quite a bit.

Besides fret filing - what can be done to remediate this issue?

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Not much other than filing. Once they are sprouting they won't just go back to normal...Mine has this problem too. I'll be selling it soon as I have with many others. I'm paring down to only two or three...

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
If I apply oil now - will the board expand enough to hide sharp frets?
Not in my many years of experience. Once they are sprouted oiling will not expand the board enough to cover them.

Others my have a different insight...

fleahead

Reaction score
No, have someone who knows what they're doing run a file along the edge of the fretboard, and then crown the fret ends and polish the frets. Then oil. Every other string change I oil my boards.

darkvoice

Reaction score
Not in my many years of experience. Once they are sprouted oiling will not expand the board enough to cover them.

Others my have a different insight...
Thanks!
I actually had a similar problem on an acoustic, which I solved by placing water filled containers with sponges in the case and letting it sit for a while (couple weeks or so).

darkvoice

Reaction score
Wow, it didn't say limited run or anything like that. I know the Joe Bonamassa signature on the fretboard ones were limited, but I thought the block inlay ones would be available for a while. So glad I got one. ...
I was watching recent Joe's interview where he said that all his signature models were limited to 1,500 each.

Assuming this is total for regular and Ego versions, do we know how many Ego guitars were made?

Basic_Dad

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just found a Brand New one of these on Reverb and snatched it up for $800. Supposed to arrive Thursday. Pretty excited, I was getting antsy waiting for my 1959 Southern Fade from zZounds which I uess I'll be cancelling now.

DeafDumbBlind Kid

Reaction score
Just found a Brand New one of these on Reverb and snatched it up for $800. Supposed to arrive Thursday. Pretty excited, I was getting antsy waiting for my 1959 Southern Fade from zZounds which I uess I'll be cancelling now.
make sure you get it before canceling your order. I was checking today out of curiosity and was stunned at the prices people were asking for them. Not many out there either.

rxbandit

Reaction score
make sure you get it before canceling your order. I was checking today out of curiosity and was stunned at the prices people were asking for them. Not many out there either.
Same, I had made a deal for one locally for $700 but the guy sold it out from under me with no warning :mad:. If anyone here is ever considering selling one I'd appreciate it if you'd shoot me a message!

Basic_Dad

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it's supposed to get here Thursday - but I wonder if I should buy both and sell one after. the 1959s are up around $1K on reverb now.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was watching recent Joe's interview where he said that all his signature models were limited to 1,500 each.

Assuming this is total for regular and Ego versions, do we know how many Ego guitars were made?
Supposedly there were only 300 of the signature boards made.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because......

I do have a Faber bridge for it... have not yet installed it.

No PC Boards or Molex connectors

JBGuts.jpg

Long tenon

Tenon.jpg

Probucker 2N, Probucker 2M, Probucker 3B

JB-Routing.jpg

Neck angle is a little steep... perfect for top-wrapping just like Joe :D

JBBRidge.jpg

Not the worst nut I've had from the factory

JBNut.jpg
JB_Body1.jpg

Her first taste of California air

JB1stOpen.jpg

Nice case. Less texture than the Gibson cases, so some feel that it's not as "tough" but the thickness of the covering seems fine.

JBCase_1.jpg

Some have complained that the "tulip" keys do not fit peg winders. That seems to be the case with the inexpensive hard plastic winders, but my Music Nomad winder fits... I haven't checked the Roadie tuner.

JB_HS_Frt.jpg

Note that the tuner shafts are not the same as standard Grover/Kluson, you can't just swap Hipshot keys onto these tuners... and the screw holes don't line up with Kluson tuners, so a proper tuner change would require plugging and redrilling... or go with Hipshot and use their "no-screw" plate.

JB_HS_Back.jpg

Lwilliams

Reaction score

Did you have to make any modifiication to make that truss rod cover work?

The two-screw version looks MUCH better than that three-screw version.

I have a New one of these being delivered tomorrow. I had given up many months ago as they were sold out everywhere. Then my dealer called me Friday and said they received 52 that had been on backorder with Gibson. I told him to ship it to me. I started to get two -- one to sell and one to keep.

leifpaul

Reaction score
Did you have to make any modifiication to make that truss rod cover work?

The two-screw version looks MUCH better than that three-screw version.

I have a New one of these being delivered tomorrow. I had given up many months ago as they were sold out everywhere. Then my dealer called me Friday and said they received 52 that had been on backorder with Gibson. I told him to ship it to me. I started to get two -- one to sell and one to keep.
20210719_184216.jpg

Latest Threads