NGD - Epiphone Les Paul Custom Joe Bonamassa Black Beauty

cerasgrgag

Reaction score
Mine is due next week. I'm hoping to be able to tune it down to E flat and have a blues machine. I'll probably make a post comparing it to my 2019 Standard '50s. I also have an 05 Epi Custom which is in with my tech getting a full refrett, custom wound pickups here in Belfast and a setup. It will be cool to compare them all.
Did you get yours in Belfast? Nobody seems to sell Epis anymore. Matchetts seem to only sell Tokais now.

JayPDizzle

Reaction score
Did you get yours in Belfast? Nobody seems to sell Epis anymore. Matchetts seem to only sell Tokais now.
I've ordered it from Andertons. Dawsons must have only stopped stocking Gibson/Epiphone this year, because that's where I got my Gibson LP from last August and they had a healthy stock back then. I remember looking at the Norm Burst Bonamassa LP in Dawsons which would have been around March time.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I picked up this beautiful girl today and played her for a bit. She was perfectly in tune taking her off of the wall and then after a lot of jamming and bending, she was still perfectly in tune. I did not even have to touch the tuners, she is such an awesome girl, that is for sure. What a joy to play, such a smooth comfortable neck and fretboard.

cerasgrgag

Reaction score
I picked up this beautiful girl today and played her for a bit. She was perfectly in tune taking her off of the wall and then after a lot of jamming and bending, she was still perfectly in tune. I did not even have to touch the tuners, she is such an awesome girl, that is for sure. What a joy to play, such a smooth comfortable neck and fretboard.
Well I hope the one I ordered makes it to europe then alive

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
I went on a buying spree and need to move some gear! I just bought a Gibson R0 and I just have to get some $$$ coming in. If you look in the classifieds I'm also selling three high end guitars.

No other reason than that...

Lucaslespaul

Reaction score
There is another shipment coming in Jan 2021 to Andertons UK, I guess that is the last batch they got? Anyone know how many of these that would get made in a given year? A few hundred maybe? It's not like they simple enough to make thousands.
Oof .. looks ike I’ll me spending more money with the captain

RocknPop

Reaction score
Ordered mine from the Bonamassa store, I was lucky to have saved one in the checkout cart before it sold out (from one day to the other). It got to me within a week.

Love the guitar, the setup was OK, I feel one or two of the frets needs leveling as there’s buzzing with the action set at 3/32 and 2/32 bass:treble respectively.
- The neck needed to be straightened, it had 0.018+ originally
- The tailpiece is slammed to the body so maybe that can be adjusted for better playability. - Definitely could benefit from a professional setup (more than the small tweaks I could make).
- The stock strings are terrible and the fretboard does need cleanup. All of the owners here can attest to black finger tips lol.
- The tuning machines look cool but they are cheap and need to be replaced IMHO.
- The hardware electronics are great, the pickups and controls are the best I’ve ever played with in the Epiphone world
- As far as looks go, this is a stunner. To me, the best looking Epiphone made yet

timsmcm

Reaction score
I just purchased a signature model from the bonamassa site. Setup was horrible. Frets were not finished, not crowned, high spots all over the fret board. The worst part is the signature inlay in the fret board was the worst inlay job I have ever seen. Quite disgusted with the bonamassa site for allowing this to even get shipped out. I did not want to get a signature model but I could not find a regular one anywhere.

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
I just purchased a signature model from the bonamassa site. Setup was horrible. Frets were not finished, not crowned, high spots all over the fret board. The worst part is the signature inlay in the fret board was the worst inlay job I have ever seen. Quite disgusted with the bonamassa site for allowing this to even get shipped out. I did not want to get a signature model but I could not find a regular one anywhere.
If you are returning it I have a regular model for sale. Only one issue and that is sharp fret ends. They were not too bad out of the box, but after hitting the dry climate here they sprouted a little.

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
I'm in Palmdale, California about 45 miles north of Los Angeles.

Latest Threads