NGD! Epiphone Korina Explorer

Pancreas

Reaction score
I've seen older threads on these guitars, but nothing recent. I just snagged this Epiphone '58 Korina Explorer, it's an exclusive from AMS and Zzounds.
I can't really say enough great things about this guitar. It's marked as a 2021 and the feel, tone and playability are a 9 out of 10. I've had plenty of Les Pauls, my #1 is my '19 Gibson LP Traditional, I also own the new Epi 1959 Les Paul. But you really do feel DIFFERENT when you strap on an Explorer. I would recommend one of these beauties all day! They're a great price, too at only $599

Attachments

• 20220512_172701_copy_1134x2016.jpg
    20220512_172701_copy_1134x2016.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 34

pondcaster

Reaction score
Congrats! Man, is that explorer sweet.

Never played one. Never even held one but would love to.

Pancreas

Reaction score
Their very well balanced and very light. It's almost a cross between an SG and a Les Paul. I waited too long to get my first Explorer!

1allspub

Reaction score
Congrats and HNGD!!!

I snagged one of the Korina Modernes in this latest batch. Great guitar. Love it! Maybe the favorite Epiphone I’ve ever had. Super lightweight (5.75lbs).

I love the Explorers and Vs too, I am tempted to just pick up the entire Korina set eventually. :)

Pancreas

Reaction score
Congrats and HNGD!!!

I snagged one of the Korina Modernes in this latest batch. Great guitar. Love it! Maybe the favorite Epiphone I’ve ever had. Super lightweight (5.75lbs).

I love the Explorers and Vs too, I am tempted to just pick up the entire Korina set eventually. :)
Go for it! I've been eyeballing the Moderne, but it may be too quirky, even for me. How do you like it so far? I'm no stranger to "higher end" guitars, and my Epi Korina Explorer is a keeper. All I've done, other than asetup, is swap the knobs for gold speed knobs. Maybe I'll go for the Moderne after all, hmmmm......

Pancreas

Reaction score
Congrats and HNGD!!!

You may wanna get them soon, I have a feeling they aren't gonna be around much longer. I may be wrong, but they're selling quick, and even Epiphone doesn't know much about their future.

DaveSG

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the neck? Slim taper? Flat 'D' shape? Does the korina body have a top and bottom veneer? Beautful guitar. My '98 Korina G400 is a smokin axe. Epiphone has always hit a homerun with these korina releases.

Pancreas

Reaction score
The neck seems a bit wide, but thin (from the fretboard to the back), it really doesn't feel like the "Slim Taper" that they claim it to be. It feels similar to my Epiphone 1959 Les Paul neck. A tad bit thinner. I really like the feel of it. Hope this helps.

Latest Threads