NGD: Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Custom Black Beauty Outfit

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Well, it arrived on time and despite the box looking like it had been run over by a truck the guitar is fine.

This one weighs in at exactly 9 pounds. Not too bad at all.

I'm at work and a little busy...so no plugging in just yet, but I did take some pics because we all know, "without pics..."

IMG_0107.jpg
IMG_0108.jpg
IMG_0111 (1).jpg
IMG_0110.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_0114.jpg
IMG_0116.jpg
IMG_0117.jpg
IMG_0118.jpg

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was curious if these were 50's wired or not... but by nature of the 3-pickup models, you can't wire it 50s.
Does it seem like it traces out like this?

LPC.jpg

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
The 50's wiring is supposed to be the same as a 1958 Custom. I didn't try to trace it.

The switch configuration is Rhythm is Neck pickup, Middle is Center and Bridge Out of Phase and Treble is Bridge.

cain

Reaction score
Was curious if these were 50's wired or not... but by nature of the 3-pickup models, you can't wire it 50s.
Does it seem like it traces out like this?

View attachment 493972
It looks like it is. From pics posted there are just the two shielded wires going to the pot cavity leading one to believe the other pickup wire goes straight to the switch. The switch wires going to the cavity look to be thin white, red, and a black ground.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure why I was thinking you couldn't run the 50s tone config on that... The 3rd pickup connection just joins it to the bridge at the volume pot, so you could still move the tone pots to the volume wipers.

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
This is my second Epiphone in the past month. They are really putting out a quality guitar. The first was an SG Special at only $399 and it's a fantastic guitar. Plays great and was set up very nice right out of the box.

I also bought the Norm Burst last year. Another fantastic Epiphone.

I didn't get any real quality time on the Bonamassa tonight so I'll report more on it later. Fit and finish is flawless from what I saw today. Not sure I like the strange tuners, they may get replaced when some locking style that won't require any mods to the guitar. Most likely Hipshot. I put those on anything I may need to change back to original.

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
I just searched the web and it looks like these are already backordered on every web site I checked!

Glad I was quick on the order button!

christopherJ

Reaction score
Mine is close! Supposed to be here today but lately the delivery companies have all been delivering late. I had a Gibson LP Standard that shipped 2d day and it sit three towns over for 4 days. Thanks FedEx...the delivery driver does have Milk Bones for my pup though (and he always gets two), but still...

I should probably cancel all my work meetings today though just in case.

Latest Threads