NGD: Epiphone ES-339

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting a 335 for years but decided the 339 fit me better. Today, Mr. FedEx dropped off this gorgeous Pelham Blue model. I still have the plastic on it so I guess that's where the spots are coming from.

IMG_7418_1024.jpg

I have one setup issue to resolve. The A string buzzes most of the way up the neck. The other strings (including the low E) seem to be fine at every fret. I presume the best course of action is to loosen the strings and raise the low side of the saddle?

IMG_7425_1024.jpg

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have my son to blame. And these pics don't do it justice. I'm hoping to get some nice shots with natural lighting over the weekend.

I have a passion for sunbursts but my son said I couldn't get anymore. I even shot down the cherry. He said it had to be the blue. Then he wanted it when I took it out of the box. :)

thewonders

Reaction score
I have one in tobacco burst. I prefer the smaller ES-339 body to the 335s.

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really didn't mind the 335 but the 339 does fit better.

I made a small adjustment last night but the string is still buzzing a little. I need to see if it's coming through the amp. I don't want to raise the low e much more.

Sounds great though. And it's gorgeous.

jkes01

Reaction score
Very cool. I have the sunburst version. They are pretty great, but I modded mine a little by making a bone nut, installing a new wiring harness and custom pickguard.

Check the action. Might need a little relief in the truss rod.

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I added a little relief and it seems a little better. I'm going to try a little more later. Hard to focus on work with a rack of guitars behind me. ;)

Latest Threads