NGD - Epiphone '59 Les Paul Standard

Enjoicube

Reaction score
Looking at those pics, it looks to me like the cap is three pieces (one on top of the other). Like it was made from three thinner pieces of maple. Interesting. As there's no visible center seam, that's definitely a flame maple veneer. Those are usually so thin that the seam is not distinguishable and may be obscured by the finish. All of these are ok by me in order to bring an affordable, yet high quality, instrument to market. You are going to love it.

Can you post a picture of the switch and control cavity? I'm curious the switch and pots.

it definitely looks like it, but the grain matches up so exactly between the pieces that it makes me wonder if it isn’t something else...

Pappy35

Reaction score
Well, I have a digital scale for weighing myself. Guitar wasn't heavy enough by itself to trigger it.

I used a digital kitchen scale (5kg range). Some of those digital bathroom scales aren't as accurate as some people think. I have a nice one but it gives me a +- 1/4 variance if I get on and off a few times in a row. Regardless, you would most likely be pretty close to that 8-something pound range and that's really good.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Nice!!! congrats man engoy the new ride she looks sweet......

Glynn

Reaction score
Yes, those are marks from multiple passes.

Thanks all, really digging this guitar. Wife really likes it too, so that is a plus. :p

Latest Threads