NGD - Epiphone 56 Goldtop

56GT

Reaction score
Question: How can I adjust the pickup height. Looking at the bridge pickup it looks a little tilted to one side. :hmm: Is it the two little screws near the middle of the pickup that will adjust height?

yeah, mine had some foam under the pickups. Just turn the 2 small screws between the pole pieces... :)

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool guitar. Gold Top with P90's is on my GAS list.
Happy NGD :)

Roshy Boy

Reaction score
HNGD! I want a '56GT so bad right now.

I found this number on Craigslist. Not too far away, but I don't think the missus would be too happy if I spent that much money :laugh2:

Epiphone Goldtop reissue 56 les paul

Might as well get the new version. With discounts, you'll come in at the same price. Call Musicians Friend, tell them you want the discount. They're doing a "call for coupon" special. It will be 15% off your total. You won't pay tax either, since you are in Washington. Your wife will be pleased you got the new version for the same price as someone selling their used one. That's a win-win. :thumb:

56GT

Reaction score
Might as well get the new version. With discounts, you'll come in at the same price. Call Musicians Friend, tell them you want the discount. They're doing a "call for coupon" special. It will be 15% off your total. You won't pay tax either, since you are in Washington. Your wife will be pleased you got the new version for the same price as someone selling their used one. That's a win-win. :thumb:

But you'll most likely have to pay for a setup and fret leveling, so count on it costing more... :hmm:

hrfdez

Reaction score
HNGD! I want a '56GT so bad right now.

I found this number on Craigslist. Not too far away, but I don't think the missus would be too happy if I spent that much money :laugh2:

Epiphone Goldtop reissue 56 les paul

That is not a bad price IMO. I got my 2010 in mint condish for 400.00 on Ebay.

This one looks the same, very nice condition and it has the case!

Roshy Boy

Reaction score
I predict these will sell out very quickly, now that the specs are out.

I thought mine sounded particularly good. Now I know.

I am Happy, Happy, Happy.

Latest Threads