NGD: Epi Les Paul Bonamassa in Pelham

Satchmo72

Reaction score
I told my Sweetwater rep, the only thing I was able to mutter when I picked it up was "Oh my"

This has to be the best value in a guitar that I have bought for a long time.

Craftmanship: The craftsmanship is superb, the neck joint is done well and sets up well, I had the guys at Sweetwater do a setup on it and make sure the nut was clean and action setup mid-low. Everything is well adjusted but I will go through and tighten everything as I start to use it more. Fit and finish is excellent.

Neck: It plays fantastic, well, fantastic for having what is truly a "baseball bat" neck. It's sooo thick but will work perfectly for what I want it for which is more rhythm stuff.

Sound: It covers a lot of ground between singing high gain leads to some bluesy growl to just flat out crunch tones. Cleans up beautifully. I do not have much to compare the pickups to as I have not had a LP in awhile, my first thought was that they were a little muddy and had to eq my amp a bit where they cleaned up considerably. The volume knob cleans the pickups up well.

Very happy with my purchase. The look of Pelham Blue was just icing on the cake.

gsmacleod

Reaction score
HNGD!

Seeing these almost makes me wish that I didn't have my JBGT; gorgeous guitar!

Shane

Satchmo72

Reaction score
LOL There is a JB Emoticon? Awesome.

I cant wait to play it more. I only have one negative, the painted neck. I keep getting stuck.

DagerOne

Reaction score
My Sweetwater rep reached out to me a few weeks ago, asking if I was looking at anything. This guitar was the only thing on my radar. I'd be buying one if I could sell my Peavey amp!

HNGD!

kevinpaul

Reaction score
HNGD and that was a very nice review. I always did like that model.

Satchmo72

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It's time to properly learn some Screaming Cheetah Wheelies and Crowes stuff.

Satchmo72

Reaction score
My Sweetwater rep reached out to me a few weeks ago, asking if I was looking at anything. This guitar was the only thing on my radar. I'd be buying one if I could sell my Peavey amp!

HNGD!

Sweetwater rocks. I looked earlier today, they had 4 of these when I bought it this weekend. They are now out of stock. Fast movers and probably for good reason, it's a great guitar.

djw171

Reaction score
Congrats. Great guitar. Although I must confess I have considered selling mine. I just don't play it that much at all.

xland

Reaction score
Congratulations, you just bought yourself a fantastic guitar!!!!!! HNGD and enjoy!!!

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
HN:jb:PBD! Mine's my #1, and I never thought anything could displace my Elitist!

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super! Congratulations and happy NGD :)

wwit

Reaction score
Grats on the :jb:

Really want to make it sing? Pick up 2 sets of steel insert bushings and replace the horrible zinc tone suckers under the stop/tom. Best $32 I've ever spent on a guitar.

#3158 Tailpiece Insert Bushings (Metric) Gloss Nickel | FaberUSA

3158.jpg

Vortex

Reaction score
HNGD!
I got one w/ the intent of leaving it in the case as a collector type thing. The more I played it, the less time it spent in the case. Now it's rarely in there.

djw171

Reaction score
Grats on the :jb:

Really want to make it sing? Pick up 2 sets of steel insert bushings and replace the horrible zinc tone suckers under the stop/tom. Best $32 I've ever spent on a guitar.

#3158 Tailpiece Insert Bushings (Metric) Gloss Nickel | FaberUSA

Certainly don't want to start a whole 'tone wood / what sucks tone' debate, however did you really here a difference when changing these? How did you removed the inserts? I see Stew-Mac has a tool for this.

Satchmo72

Reaction score

Latest Threads