NGD: Epi Korina Moderne 1958 RI

mjross

Reaction score
Maybe one of you fine people know the answer to this question. I was just on the Epiphone site and could not find any of the Korina models, no Explorer, no Flying V, no Moderne. Called Epiphone Support and was told that they appear to have been discontinued. Could this be true?

1allspub

Reaction score
AFAIK, they’ve never been listed on the Epiphone website. Probably because they are exclusive runs. But if they are truly disco’ing them, then that makes me want to get the V and Explorer all the more.

That said, I think they used to be more part of regular production… and those probably have been discontinued. These exclusive runs may well continue on. But, that’s just a supposition on my part. No way of really knowing….

mjross

Reaction score
AFAIK, they’ve never been listed on the Epiphone website. Probably because they are exclusive runs. But if they are truly disco’ing them, then that makes me want to get the V and Explorer all the more.

That said, I think they used to be more part of regular production… and those probably have been discontinued. These exclusive runs may well continue on. But, that’s just a supposition on my part. No way of really knowing….
Based on the Rep they are a ”Limited Run”! However, sometimes these Reps from Customer Service appear to know less than I do. Not sure what to believe, American Musical Supply shows the Korina Guitars as ”Limited Supply”. It is a little strange that Epiphone does not show them on their web site.

DeafDumbBlind Kid

Reaction score
OP - you hit the jackpot with that board. My biggest issue with pau ferro is the streakiness. I ordered a Korina V back in 2019, from a site that was advertising as rosewood fingerboard, hoping it was NOS from the previous rosewood run. I got uncooked bacon instead, it went right back. I won't buy a pau ferro board unseen.

mjross

Reaction score
That sucks, kinda understand where you are coming from, some look a little strange. However, my board looks just like the OP’s. Nice and dark with no streaks!

1allspub

Reaction score
I got uncooked bacon instead
Not to laugh at your unfortunate situation... but that is hilarious!:laugh2:

When it comes to fretboards I am almost alway (like 99.9% of the time) want it as dark as possible. But on these Korinas I do prefer it more brown to match up well with the color of the Korina. And mine does have a bit of streak to it near the first few frets, but in a good way... just enough to give it character. But yeah, uncooked bacon is never good. LOL!

Latest Threads