NGD Elitist

frehley76

Reaction score
Bought this gem today. Very nice!
Screenshot_20211228-193502_Gallery.jpg

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Very nice, congrats! Elitist's are great guitars.

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Well played sir!

rbraad68

Reaction score
any of you old school guys know what they did for the top on these? are they real maple cap or veneer over maple? i would love to get one of these guitars!!

Enjoicube

Reaction score
any of you old school guys know what they did for the top on these? are they real maple cap or veneer over maple? i would love to get one of these guitars!!

AFAIK

The plus tops were a book-matched veneer over a maple cap - not sure if it was 2 piece.

The plain tops were book-matched maple: what you see is what you get.

you can find all the specs on the epi wiki: http://www.epiphonewiki.org/index/Elitist_Series.php

Also, If you are having trouble finding a reasonably priced elitist, FGNs neo classic guitars are essentially elitist LPs became after they were discontinued, so you may want to look into these.

darkvoice

Reaction score

Cardinalcomb

Reaction score
I have the same guitar as OP but first model year, they were called Elite. Best Les Paul Ive ever played. I’ve owned and sold several USA made gibsons over the years but the epiphone elite stays with me always. I once brought it to a repair shop for some work and they were so compelled to tell me how nice of a guitar it is and how well it plays. This shop sells and works on vintage gibsons and martins.

You may want to upgrade the pickups. I went with SD JB/59 combo.

Cardinalcomb

Reaction score
Reading through tnat wiki page I saw this - "The Epiphone Elitist guitars are not related to the Epiphone Les Paul Elite, which is a Korean-made semi-hollow guitar similar to the Les Paul-ES ".

I always thought Elite model was also made in Japan and later became Elitist.

Pretty sure that is something different. The first year elitist was def called elite.

Enjoicube

Reaction score
Reading through tnat wiki page I saw this - "The Epiphone Elitist guitars are not related to the Epiphone Les Paul Elite, which is a Korean-made semi-hollow guitar similar to the Les Paul-ES ".

I always thought Elite model was also made in Japan and later became Elitist.

IIRC: there is a Les Paul elite from the mid 90’s which was made in Korea (it had f holes and I think it might have come only in black), and the elite series, which are totally unrelated and we’re made in Japan. I think Epiphone was forced to change the elite series name to elitist due to a name dispute with Ovation.

rbraad68

Reaction score
AFAIK

The plus tops were a book-matched veneer over a maple cap - not sure if it was 2 piece.

The plain tops were book-matched maple: what you see is what you get.

you can find all the specs on the epi wiki: http://www.epiphonewiki.org/index/Elitist_Series.php

Also, If you are having trouble finding a reasonably priced elitist, FGNs neo classic guitars are essentially elitist LPs became after they were discontinued, so you may want to look into these.

thx for that man good to know. i am deff going tp get one of these...

Enjoicube

Reaction score
thx for that man good to know. i am deff going tp get one of these...

They are worth every dollar. TBF, I haven’t compared against the new IBG Les Pauls, but the Japanese really pay attention to every last detail, and it shows!

Latest Threads