NGD Electrical Guitar Company Tyranny aluminum guitar !

jojo

Reaction score
I played a used model like this in a local guitar store and loved it, but someone bought it in 3 minutes when they listed it on reverb before I could buy it.It was silver w P 90's tho. I contacted Kevin at Electrical Guitar Company about building me one in black anodized w humbuckers. It arrived yesterday. What a killer playing guitar ! I sold my LP traditional to fund it. Wanted to try something different since I had 4 LPs. I can't get a decent photo w my old Iphone. Looks way cooler in person.Weighs about 9 lbs.

DADF#AD

Reaction score
Very cool, Jojo! How does the neck feel and what kind of "carve" did you order? Are those active pups on it?

Tokai made an aluminum guitar called the Talbo. They were supposed to sound really cool but I didn't care much for their shape. The body on yours is kind of Tele-ish and not pointy, which looks better to me. Nice!

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They make some sweet guitars. I like the Travis Bean throwback headstock style.

--Jay

MSB

Banned
Reaction score
I adore my travis bean, and been looking for a Normandy t-style for awhile now. What's your take on the AL body vs wood?

jojo

Reaction score
Very cool, Jojo! How does the neck feel and what kind of "carve" did you order? Are those active pups on it?
Tokai made an aluminum guitar called the Talbo. They were supposed to sound really cool but I didn't care much for their shape. The body on yours is kind of Tele-ish and not pointy, which looks better to me. Nice!
Thx !It's very easy to play ! He"brushed" the neck for a satin feel. The neck is his standarsd size it's not narrow, but it's thin. I can shred on this thing !
I adore my travis bean, and been looking for a Normandy t-style for awhile now. What's your take on the AL body vs wood?
It's really cool ! Can sound kind of piano like.
I think it's badass!

HNGD :cheers2:
Thx man !
They make some sweet guitars. I like the Travis Bean throwback headstock style.

--Jay
THX !

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now THAT IS DIFFERENT :thumb:

Congrats and HNGD :applause:

jojo

Reaction score
But does it do Grand Funk??:naughty:

Nice one bud!
HAHA ! I suppose it could ;) Tuned to drop C currently ! I really dig it for my 2 bands, but I need one for each, since I tune differently in both ! Now, which LP to sell to fund the next one ? Don't think I can part with the 77 Standard I got from you tho Kris !

Last edited:

jojo

Reaction score
Now that you have had it for a few months . what's your opinion.
I dug it so much that when a used one came up for sale locally I bought it LOL. This one has his travis bean pick ups in it. I recorded 3/4 of my bands new full length record with the black one and my SG on a few. I still play my other wood guitars too don't get me wrong, it's just cool to have diff guitars, I find each of them inspires differently. Not everyone jives with the thin necks on these, but I do. Here's the one I recently picked up.

Last edited:

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
how is the neck attached in the pocket.. hide glue ? welded ?

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
very cool . and with an aluminum neck too :applause:

the Normandy " Alumicasters " have a maple neck __ and I'm not sure what they sound like . the aluminum hollow bodies are really cool looking , but sound very different from their wood counter parts

mice guitar , and I'm hoping to check something similar out some day . have fun with that !

jc2000

Reaction score
Very cool.. Ive never seen that before.

MSB

Banned
Reaction score
how is the neck attached in the pocket.. hide glue ? welded ?

not quite sure how these are, but I know the normandy guitars are bolt ons similar to a fender design and my travis bean (which i'd assume is close to this is almost a neck through bolt on)

Attachments

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow, long tenon, eh .. ? hahahaha

very interesting for sure.

Latest Threads