NGD: Edwards E-LP-125 :)

Shackenb

Reaction score
For reals? I'm getting one then.

Anyone know if the necks are as thin as a '60s slim taper or are they between that and a '50s rounded gibson profile?

Hi,

Look for the pictures in the General Edwards Thread, there you will see the thick Maple cap with the small veneer of Flamed Maple...

The 130 sounds awesome (my experience and the opinion of my guitarplaying Friends) and it will be the same with the 125 and her Seth Lovers and with the 112... One Piece back and neck...

Cheers Stefan

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score

Anyone know if the necks are as thin as a '60s slim taper or are they between that and a '50s rounded gibson profile?

Yeah, I've had the pickups out on my 98 and it's got a nice thick cap. I can't comment on the similarity of the neck to an R0 vs. a more modern Gibson slim taper though. I can say that the necks feel great.

Olds442

Reaction score

it's slightly bigger than a slim taper 60s or R0 neck. nowhere near gibson 50's profiles, much closer to the 60s. i found it comfortable and i'm not a fan of the R8 or R7 necks personally. i hope that helps. :thumb:

i was able to play Whoopy's recently and i hadn't played one up until then, i like them.

DEMENTED

Reaction score
Yes, real maple cap like a Gibby but the flame top is a veneer on top of the maple cap, no tone difference that I can hear. I sold my Gibsons and now have two Edwards.

Monstronaut

Reaction score
The Edwards and Navigator neck profiles are very similar to the 50's lp juniors I've had.

Latest Threads