NGD day YAY!!!

rbraad68

Reaction score
ok guys guitar arrived 30 minutes ago and other than not one stich of paper work with the guitar she's bran new .... supposed to be used or maybe a return who knows? any way let me get some pics posted....

she's a little fat feeling in the neck but not too bad. pick ups sound great atleast the bridge does so far. i have to play it some more but atm i'm going to have to say i haven't found any fret buzz ,,, i'm sure i'll find some though.

rbraad68

Reaction score
for those of you wanting to know this guitar in my opinion isn't that heavy. i don't have a scale to wiegh it but i compared it to the standard i have and id say about the same if anything i'd say the standard is heaver...

cliffenstein

Reaction score
Supposed to have a thin neck, which is one of the reasons I likely won’t own one, but ebony fretboard and that new headstock...looks so good with all that binding!!!!! Congrats, man!!!!

rbraad68

Reaction score
Supposed to have a thin neck, which is one of the reasons I likely won’t own one, but ebony fretboard and that new headstock...looks so good with all that binding!!!!! Congrats, man!!!!

well it's sorta thin but compared to the standard i have she's a little fatter.. ill try and get a good picture of the neck..

Attachments

rbraad68

Reaction score
Ok who's the expert on getting this thing set up and playable? i'm going to change the stirngs clean the fret board and adjust the neck cause it needs to pull back some. see if thats all she needs?

Attachments

Last edited:

therealfrogman

A fool and his money....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do your neck truss adjustment first, then string height, pups and last but very important....Nut.

Looks great btw!

rbraad68

Reaction score
ok guys so to sum this whole deal out. i bought the guitar used for 449 dollars and i picked up a new case for 99 dollars for a total of 617 dollars including the tax and delievery charge since the guitar was used. i love the way the guitar looks and the head stock is so much cleaner with the revised version..this weekend i'm going to try and set it up. guitar seems to have been taken home by the previous owner who did a shit job or great job of making this thing play like crap.....

Attachments

JMP

Reaction score
You did well. If you’re not getting the results you’d like when you try to set it up, take it to a reputable shop/luthier. It’ll be a massive improvement.

fry

Reaction score
If you’re not getting the results you’d like when you try to set it up, take it to a reputable shop/luthier.
Most of these things are pretty easy to do, and it’s kind of fun to learn to do them yourself. As with anything else, there are tons of online videos that help tremendously. Just check the comments below to confirm that the person in the video actually knows what they’re talking about.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Most of these things are pretty easy to do, and it’s kind of fun to learn to do them yourself. As with anything else, there are tons of online videos that help tremendously. Just check the comments below to confirm that the person in the video actually knows what they’re talking about.

i agree 100% .this is a bran new guitar it shoud only just need a few tweeks anything else i got 180 return policy. im going to order some string and i need so screw drivers all i have are too big or there for wirch size crap...

DanoJS

Reaction score
Congrats and happy NGD! The gold hardware on customs just looks immense. As for setting it up, I would recommend watching a couple of videos online first, it helps so much to see someone doing it vs just reading about it. If you have any questions or concerns though just ask. Also if possible see if you can get one of those string action rulers, they are incredibly useful.

Latest Threads