NGD - Custom Shop Non Reverse Firebird with 3 P-90's!

mdubya

Reaction score
I had been stalking one just like that in the Philly 'burbs...is that the one?
I LOVE mine...it's my #1.
I've grown accustomed to the pickup placement.
The slider switch is fiddley...toggle is probably a good move.
What is the switching like?
The selections were the only thing I couldn't live with on mine...B, B/M, N.
No N/B like God intended!
Now mine is set up as bit like a Tele...3 position switch with master volume and tone. B, N/B, N
I wired the "other" volume pot to the middle pickup so it can come in and out at any time.
This way I get all 7 possible combinations including all 3.
I really like N/M for a big meaty P90 version of Strat quack.
Cool guitar.
Enjoy it!!

View attachment 434761
I love that guitar, Charlie!

I got this one from California at the end of last summer. The guy had only owned it since early summer and I am not sure where it had been before that.

Mine is wired like yours was stock; bridge, bridge/middle, neck. I do miss the bridge/neck option, but I have plenty of others to do that, even the SG Classic and 330 which do it with P-90's!

Since, lowering the middle pickup, the tone in the bridge/middle position has come alive, making for a good rhythm tone, and then flipping to bridge only for focused lead tones, or even leaving it in the middle for the quack-y Strat like tone you mention. I really like it.

Once I get the pickup heights finalized, I am leaving this one alone. It is definitely my No. 1, currently. I was looking for one with Firebird pickups when a few of these started popping up. I still want a 'Bird with FB pickups, but holy smokes, with P-90's they are incredible, as you know!

There are a few examples of this model in sparkling burgundy that I drool over.

Can't imagine how cool that will look with some wear on it. :wow:

In the meantime, I have to force myself to play my other guitars at this point.

Pappy58

Reaction score
I totally missed this thread M. I was in the hospital when t got started and really didn't get back into the swing of MLP stuff until october. It's a beautiful bird. So glad you got it working for ya. .. and yeah that middle pup is going to raise some curiosity for sure! :shock:

Nice one. I have @LtDave32 making me a custom DSG NR bird. It's getting close to done...Stay tuned!

mdubya

Reaction score
I totally missed this thread M. I was in the hospital when t got started and really didn't get back into the swing of MLP stuff until october. It's a beautiful bird. So glad you got it working for ya. .. and yeah that middle pup is going to raise some curiosity for sure! :shock:

Nice one. I have @LtDave32 making me a custom DSG NR bird. It's getting close to done...Stay tuned!

Awesome! :applause:

I am really glad to hear you are feeling better and also that you have a Dave built 'Bird on the way! I am VERY curious to see that one.