NGD: Custom Shop Modern Standard

jstarr823

Reaction score
Well... I went and did it. Scored my first Custom Shop Les Paul. And I couldn't be happier. I can honestly say, "believe the hype." These CS guitars are certainly on a different level than regular Nashville production. It's a whole different ballgame here.

This one is fairly rare, as I have not seen another one in the Trans Metal Metallic finish.

Playing this guitar is like something I've never experienced. The setup, the feel, the intonation, the tone, the craftsmanship, everything is just incredible. It really is a completely different experience from even the nicest Standards and Traditionals I've owned.

What's really cool is this exact guitar was featured on the Custom Shop Facebook page. I went looking for info on the model, and the Trans Metal finish, and found a photo of my guitar (albeit a rear shot promoting the Apex headstock... Which I actually really like). I zoomed up on the serial number and was like, "holy shit... that's my guitar!"

Anyway... A few quick pics. Feel free to ask any questions.

Attachments

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Well... I went and did it. Scored my first Custom Shop Les Paul. And I couldn't be happier. I can honestly say, "believe the hype." These CS guitars are certainly on a different level than regular Nashville production. It's a whole different ballgame here.

This one is fairly rare, as I have not seen another one in the Trans Metal Metallic finish.

Playing this guitar is like something I've never experienced. The setup, the feel, the intonation, the tone, the craftsmanship, everything is just incredible. It really is a completely different experience from even the nicest Standards and Traditionals I've owned.

What's really cool is this exact guitar was featured on the Custom Shop Facebook page. I went looking for info on the model, and the Trans Metal finish, and found a photo of my guitar (albeit a rear shot promoting the Apex headstock... Which I actually really like). I zoomed up on the serial number and was like, "holy shit... that's my guitar!"

Anyway... A few quick pics. Feel free to ask any questions.

That looks really good! Speed knobs and black appointments? ;)

integra evan

Reaction score
Kidding aside, nice guitar. I saw these listed on CME's website, quite a few of them. What's the neck profile like?

LocoTex

Reaction score
Beautiful new finish, and I really like the way the neck and headstock blend. Please keep this one! :)

jstarr823

Reaction score
Kidding aside, nice guitar. I saw these listed on CME's website, quite a few of them. What's the neck profile like?
I was surprised to find what I would consider a ‘59 profile. Certainly not a 60s Slim Taper, and not a 58 baseball bat. Perfect!

I plug into my rig with the exact same settings as my 60s Standard and... holy shit! This is what a legit guitar should sound like! It’s like f*cking magic! LOL.

Last edited:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
My photos actually suck, and certainly don’t do it justice... I was in a rush because we’re showing our house in a few hours. This one is staying stock. I love it just the way it is!
HOLY CRAP-nice guitar just dont leave it on the floor trip and bellyslam the headstock-have fun!

lpfan1980

Reaction score
No worries, bro. It has the Apex headstock volute. ;)
Nice volutes get trashed but if they are sculpted nice they can be very helpful in sturdiness. My lp is 14 years old with a traditional neck NO BREAKS YET please stay that way!! enjoy your guitar.

danzego

Reaction score
I was surprised to find what I would consider a ‘59 profile. Certainly not a 60s Slim Taper, and not a 58 baseball bat. Perfect! Regular MAP on these was $4799. I worked some magic on the already ridiculous 40% off price and scored a killer deal! Full blown CS Les Paul for less than a new Nashville Standard. How could a possibly pass that up? Only one in this finish.

I plug into my rig with the exact same settings as my 60s Standard and... holy shit! This is what a legit guitar should sound like! It’s like f*cking magic! LOL.
Ah, so you showing your house isn’t directly related to the purchase of this guitar. Haha. ;)

Lucky guy. I’ve heard Customs are serious axes and change the game. However, I refuse to play one specifically because I know I can never afford a Cherry Sunburst R9; not on a teacher’s salary.

Congrats!

Seven

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful bro! :dude:

Would love to see a few hi-res outside pics whenever you get around to it.

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Custom Shop Club amigo..... and damn fine entry too..... that is outstanding.

Very very nice.... you may just keep this one.;)