NGD Craigslist Explorer - pic heavy

Electroman67

Reaction score
Picked this up yesterday and literally spent all night cleaning it, the previous owner is a smoker and i can't say anything cause so was i for a very long time, but oh my gawd this thing had/has some crud on it.
Just one run thru on the cleaning lastnight, some murphy's oil soap and some water first, then some scott's liquid gold ( they were all i had atm ). One 1/2 a turn on the TR and the 20th fret buzzing went away mostly, i brought the bridge up and down to find middle ground between great action and just a hint of buzzing, and this is what she looks like after 1 round of cleaning.

Tried to show the dings in the face ^^^

Feels solid & balanced well, sounds awesome and plays great ( actually feels identical to my nj series ironbird in regards to the fretboard ). The bridge p'up ring is broken but other than some dings and scratches, it is 100% original. Over the frikkin moon with it. :shock:

bosnialove

Reaction score
Dec. 17th 1998, very cool and very rare to find a natural Explorer from the '90s!

A whole night? Ahhh, come on that's nothing. I got my CUstom two days ago. I've spent yesterday the whole day cleaning it up, setting it up and makig pics of it. :p

Electroman67

Reaction score
Dec. 17th 1998, very cool and very rare to find a natural Explorer from the '90s!

A whole night? Ahhh, come on that's nothing. I got my CUstom two days ago. I've spent yesterday the whole day cleaning it up, setting it up and makig pics of it. :p

Thanks guys and thanks for the decoding Bos, and yes one night, but i'm not done man :laugh2: ....i know it's still filthy....it's just clean enough to show pics of...do you have any suggestions on any certain cleaners for the fretboard and/or guitar? I have a huge jug of goo cleaner but when i smelled it, i can tell it was harsher than what i'd be comfortable with putting on the wood....i use alot of adhesive remover in my canvas work...removing contact cement residue...

Meatwad

Reaction score
Nice Explorer.:thumb:
I really like the natural finish on those.

Lots of folks recommend a rag with naptha to clean a really nasty fingerboard.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats! Explorers are awesome!

I cleaned and restrung my new Explorer last night (mine is an Epi Korina though) but it only took a little while to do.

Electroman67

Reaction score
Congrats! Explorers are awesome!

I cleaned and restrung my new Explorer last night (mine is an Epi Korina though) but it only took a little while to do.

link to thread? or pics plz? thanks again guys...i'll go see if i have some lighter fluid

RaSTuS26

Reaction score
Grats Mike, that's a great score, glad you're so happy with it, enjoy and HNGD.

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Very nice Explorer Electroman!

You did good!

Latest Threads