NGD Classic Gold Top

CaineIsCarter

Reaction score
Hi again
I’ve had pickup covers fitted, and am absolutely delighted with the look. I think it’s transformed what was already a beautiful instrument. Hope you like the pics.
Best
Damian

Sparky84

Reaction score
I've been looking for a while now at a 2017 Gold Top with P-90s at a local shop here in Singapore. Just can't seem to pull the trigger; I'm not sure if it's because of the weight of it, or the fact that I already have a beautiful LP Standard Burst, or the fact that it's listed for $2500. The P-90s seem to move around in their mounts quite a bit, I suppose that's normal, but doesn't feel really robust. Good sounds through the shop's Marshall, but not sure I can distinguish much tonal difference between the P-90s and my BurstBuckers or whatever they are (to me, everything coming out of a Marshall sounds like a Marshall).

Then I got sidetracked looking at white LP Customs online (obviously WAY more expensive), and then stumbled across the Custom Lite - thinner body and much lower price point, and probably a better choice for me. But again, they don't exist here, and I would have to take my chances with some of these dodgy eBay re-sellers in Japan, and then have to deal with Singapore import duties, possible CITES issues, etc. So I've got decision paralysis.

The local shop with the Goldtop also has a beautiful blue Johnny Marr Jaguar (I should have bought the limited Sherwood Green when it came out years ago, they are now impossible to find). I'm much more of a jangler than a LP shredder anyway. Maybe that's the one calling me...:hmm:

Latest Threads