*NGD* Champagne sparkle Gretsch!

Reaction score
Limited run of 12 worldwide with this finish and pickup combo. Had seen a few come up for sale here and there over the past year or so, but would always sale quickly.

They had all but disappeared domestically for the past 3-4 months.

For the first time ever, I saw a “used” one pop up for sale..

I pounced.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I’ve never been a gold hardware fan but it works here!

drmmrr55

Reaction score
Limited run of 12 worldwide with this finish and pickup combo. Had seen a few come up for sale here and there over the past year or so, but would always sale quickly.

They had all but disappeared domestically for the past 3-4 months.

For the first time ever, I saw a “used” one pop up for sale..

I pounced.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I’ve never been a gold hardware fan but it works here!
Awesome...happy NGD!
P.S. I just love that champagne pink!

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I really like that combo of cutaways, color, sparkle and gold! :drool:

And is that an ebony board??? :shock:

Did I mention I like gold?... and sparkle finishes and.... oh never mind! Awesome! :h5:

@Christosterone !! Hey buddy, you need to see this!

NotScott

Reaction score
That is absolutely beautiful! Congrats!

A couple Gretsch points:

To the poster that asked, yes, Gretsch uses ebony for those fingerboards. The lower-priced Electromatic series uses something called "compressed ebony" which is basically another form of Richlite.

To the op, ditch the "rattle-matic" bridge and get a brass, Tru-Arc SerpenTune bar bridge. It will still look great but you will lose the rattles, greatly improve clarity and frequency response and the guitar will actually intonate. Here is a picture of a SerpenTune on my 54520. It just drops right in place:

Reaction score
That is absolutely beautiful! Congrats!

A couple Gretsch points:

To the poster that asked, yes, Gretsch uses ebony for those fingerboards. The lower-priced Electromatic series uses something called "compressed ebony" which is basically another form of Richlite.

To the op, ditch the "rattle-matic" bridge and get a brass, Tru-Arc SerpenTune bar bridge. It will still look great but you will lose the rattles, greatly improve clarity and frequency response and the guitar will actually intonate. Here is a picture of a SerpenTune on my 54520. It just drops right in place:

thanks for the tip. I’ve had a few other comment about substitute saddles. I’ll look into it in the future. Right now, I can’t put this thing down.

Yeah, I really like that combo of cutaways, color, sparkle and gold! :drool:

And is that an ebony board??? :shock:

Did I mention I like gold?... and sparkle finishes and.... oh never mind! Awesome! :h5:

@Christosterone !! Hey buddy, you need to see this!
indeed, it is ebony!

Parabar

Reaction score
Um .... ALL of Pete Townshend's guitar parts on "Who's Next" were played on a Gretsch 6120. He didn't use it live, because hollow bodies are notoriously fragile, and Pete is known to be hard on his instruments.

Also, both Neil Young and Stephen Stills have used plenty crunchy Gretsch tones both live and in studio. And Jack White.

Latest Threads