NGD - Bonamassa

Satchmo72

Reaction score
Congrats!!!! I absolutely love mine and I come from the Ibanez thin neck world.

Best value in a guitar I have ever bought!!!!

icecoolpool

Reaction score
Sounds great, love that demo.

I love that it has a long neck tenon. We know the pickups but how are the electronics on these babies? Do they need to be changed? Some suggestions for mods:

New Faber stoptail and locking system and bridge - maximise sustain and tone.
A new scarf-jointed headstock with "Gibson" on it ;D

JFisherSr

Reaction score
Congrats!

I was this close to going with that one recently.

rich85

Reaction score
Sounds great, love that demo.

I love that it has a long neck tenon. We know the pickups but how are the electronics on these babies? Do they need to be changed? Some suggestions for mods:

New Faber stoptail and locking system and bridge - maximise sustain and tone.
A new scarf-jointed headstock with "Gibson" on it ;D

Actually they have epiphone tonelock bridge and tailpiece which kinda click on, it's actually really cool!

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Actually they have epiphone tonelock bridge and tailpiece which kinda click on, it's actually really cool!

The difference between the Faber and the Epi is in the material used. The Epi bushings are rather soft pot metal, while the Fabers are steel, and I can tell ya from experience, the fit into the body is MUCH tighter! Makes a very noticeable difference in clarity and sustain. I'm not sure I'd go with the aluminum TP on a :jb: as it's already a bright-sounding guitar.

Buzzin_Cousin

Reaction score
The difference between the Faber and the Epi is in the material used. The Epi bushings are rather soft pot metal, while the Fabers are steel, and I can tell ya from experience, the fit into the body is MUCH tighter! Makes a very noticeable difference in clarity and sustain. I'm not sure I'd go with the aluminum TP on a :jb: as it's already a bright-sounding guitar.

How do the Fabers match up with the Tone Pros comparatively?

bullet8542

Reaction score
I have a sickness I have both the GT and the PB and I love them both, I find that my Fenders and Ibanez guitars being neglected..Great sound and a great value.
:jb::jb:

Latest Threads