NGD ...blunted

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m lucky, my wife doesn’t really care as I use my own money so it doesn’t affect bills, mortgage etc

However she does tend to repeat herself by saying, “it looks exactly the same as your other one’ :rolleyes:
I usually hear............."don't you already have one like that?"

I ask ........"If i bring another woman in the house would you ask that?"

The reply is most often .........."Smart ass"....... or something similar.

Colnago1

Reaction score
yeah most of us are screwed and have “modern American women”! Which roughly translated means they are always right and men are all wrong!!! I’m about to MGTOW!
That must be it. My wife is Asian, North American born Asian.

DIMAIO90

Reaction score
My strategy is this:
1) keep new guitars the garage-all of my gear lives here not the time.
2) only play at night for the first few weeks till I know the guitar or gear will definitely stay.
3) once I’m sure it’s staying I gently ease it into life indoors. Maybe leave in the corner while I make here a vodka cranberry. Or walk in me out real quick with the guitar on so she only gets a glimpse of it.
4) before I know it the new guitar is part of the family and she didn’t even realize it’s new.

If I get caught I just say I sold a different guitar to pay for this one. Of course it shouldn’t matter because i make all the money and pay for everything. But I’d lose my standing in limiting her purchases if She knew how much I’ve “invested” in gear over three years. Marriage..lol

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I count myself lucky as well.
My wife loves guitars and guns as much as I do.
She buys them for me for birthdays, Christmas.

But.... if I did need to hide a new guitar purchase, I would stand it up next to the vacuum cleaner.
She would never notice it!:rofl:

Not true! She is the tidy one. Kinda like beauty and the beast at our house.

J-Dizzle

Reaction score
My wife doesn't care about the $$$ spent its more about the clutter. Guitars and amps take up a lot of space once you start accumulating a decent collection.

sparky2

Reaction score
I am blessed.

My wife wants me to have everything that my heart desires, and I wish the same thing for her.

She doesn't mind at all when I buy and sell guitars, and when I tell her to look out for a big box from FedEx, she dutifully waits for the truck, and drags the box in for me.
(To keep the drive-by thieves from stealing it off the front porch.)

She generally doesn't want much for herself, but I am wondering why she hired a handsome young pool boy recently.

We don't even have a swimming pool.
:dunno:

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My wife is a wonderful person and always just wants me to be happy. If it's an especially large sum that is going to impact our savings, we have "the talk" - but she always comes up with a way to make it work, if it's something I really want.

She has told me before, "I hate saying no to you." That's pretty awesome in my book.

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chiming back in.
I am truly blessed to have my wife.
We were never able to have kids, so we spoil each other rotten.
I am a better man because of her.
Going on 39 years, can’t remember not being with her.

el84ster

Reaction score
I’m just celebrating my 20th anniversary tomorrow.
mom always honest with her which what I buy. It’s better to hash it out before so you can truly enjoy the new guitar day without having to hideit, hold for later etc, that sucks!!

Plus women are usually waaaay more perceptive than men. They know. And it doesn’t help your relationship when she knows you do things behind her back. She either feels betrayed, thinks you’re a wuss, or probably both.

Neither leads to more sexy time and we all k one that the main motivating force in every mans life! Hahaha.

Daniel.S

Reaction score
I thought it was just me not wanting to be in a relationship or getting married.
Seems the girls these days are turning out to be horrible people. Social media has ruined this, when people get sucked into joining those dating apps especially.

Latest Threads