NGD ...blunted

Pageburst

Reaction score
I would never tolerate someone having a problem wirh me buying what I want with my money. That’s one of the advantages of living in a free country.

Of course a marriage is a give and a take, but good partner should make the joyous times more joyful and the bad times more bearable. I have a spreadsheet of all my music gear with prices and serial numbers so if something should happen to me my wife will know what to do with these assets.

My wife gets on me for gear spread sometimes so I try to limit my guitars to couple of rooms but I even keep a Marshall offset stack in our bedroom so I can just lay back and play.

Hiding a hard earned purchase under cover of night and not sharing your joy in the open seems sad to me.

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
I would never tolerate someone having a problem wirh me buying what I want with my money. That’s one of the advantages of living in a free country.

Of course a marriage is a give and a take, but good partner should make the joyous times more joyful and the bad times more bearable. I have a spreadsheet of all my music gear with prices and serial numbers so if something should happen to me my wife will know what to do with these assets.

My wife gets on me for gear spread sometimes so I try to limit my guitars to couple of rooms but I even keep a Marshall offset stack in our bedroom so I can just lay back and play.

Hiding a hard earned purchase under cover of night and not sharing your joy in the open seems sad to me.
Well!!! Some people are rational, And the rest are women!

tmgcustom

Reaction score
I've the opposite problem; she's never the slightest bit upset when I buy a guitar, but she does give me a bit of a hard time when I try to sell one. "Are you sure you want to sell it? Don't, you'll regret it. No, I like that one, keep it for me" (she doesn't play guitar). I love my wife to pieces though.
I think we married twins, Brian...

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
My wife has the rolling-eyes "okay, if it makes you happy ..." attitude to such things. But she has her (non-Gibson) UPS packages that periodically arrive at the front door for her too. As long as you are both working within the overall constraints of one's particular "family economics" with the ability to splurge once in a while, then it is all good. My wife can't complain about me having "too many guitars" because she has bought me FIVE of them. LOL

moreles

Reaction score
If I had to worry about anything truly important to me seriously displeasing my wife, and vice-versa, I/we wouldn't be married. If I was not capable of moderating my wants within the context, financial and otherwise, of my marriage, I would be ashamed. It's rarely "guitars" or "wives" that are inherently the problem, if there is a problem. I'm no prize as a person, but I care about my wife more than a guitar. And mostly, she likes me to get stuff I want, because I'm reasonable about it and so is she.

LesPaul60sTribute

Reaction score
I have been living on my own since 1997. Making purchases like guitars is very easy for me to do. I do always pay cash however. This ensures no debt or spending that is out of control. I do remember the days of buy all sorts of car (speed) parts for my 1970 Firebird way back some 27 years ago and getting "that look" from my now ex-wife. So I can sympathize with the original poster here. :) I do remember.

I can say that the freedom of being solo and doing anything I wish never wears off. It would be almost impossible to go back to married life again for me.

JMP

Reaction score
Sounds like we need a “relationships and communication skills” forum here at MLP!

redcoats1976

Reaction score
the wife and i discuss all major purchases with each other first.saves a lot of hassle when you are honest with each other.oddly enough theres nothing either one of us really wants thats practical,i mean id love a mansion on the beach but that aint gonna happen.

spartacus slim

Reaction score
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about the OP unboxing a Bob Marley Les Paul Special while partaking of the devil’s lettuce.

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll bring it in discreetly, tuck it away, not say anything about it.

Then 6 hours later "CHECK OUT MY NEW GUITAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ya... my security clearance wouldn't last an hour :D

GT1

Reaction score
And that is why midnight is my guitar playing time!

BKS

Reaction score
Nah no issues here... My w.... Wait a second :facepalm:

The only man in the house is my cat and he is half the man he used to anyway... :naughty: like any man, feed him, pet him and he is happy:thumbs::laugh2::laugh2:

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since my surgery I’ve been under strict orders, so she’s been carrying the boxes upstairs. I’ve gone from smuggling to “sweetie, I think there’s box on the porch”.

Latest Threads