NGD ...blunted

100LL

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else suffer from the excitement of a new guitar, but unable to to enjoy it because you must either open it in secret or otherwise wait to open it all?

Yes, it’s a NGD. A real Gibson. From an awesome forum member here.

But I can’t open it up for fear of my wife seeing a new guitar has entered the house. My MO: open it under cover of darkness and hope it blends in somehow.

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
Anyone else suffer from the excitement of a new guitar, but unable to to enjoy it because you must either open it in secret or otherwise wait to open it all?

Yes, it’s a NGD. A real Gibson. From an awesome forum member here.

But I can’t open it up for fear of my wife seeing a new guitar has entered the house. My MO: open it under cover of darkness and hope it blends in somehow.
Yes, sadly I know the same problems. I have to have my kids intercept the package and take it down to my room for me to open later.

truckermde

Reaction score
Fortunately, I don't have to worry too much about it, but my UPS driver is the quintessential professional.

We have each other's numbers, and if I need discretion, he's happy to meet me somewhere else, or leave a package in an out-building on my property, out of sight from prying eyes...

LOL

Brian N

Reaction score
I've the opposite problem; she's never the slightest bit upset when I buy a guitar, but she does give me a bit of a hard time when I try to sell one. "Are you sure you want to sell it? Don't, you'll regret it. No, I like that one, keep it for me" (she doesn't play guitar). I love my wife to pieces though.

motorboy1

Reaction score
Ok I hope you guys are kidding. Either A you are afraid of the wife wuss or B you are sneaking major purchases behind each others back not good. If I purchase something major I will tell the wife and she may or may not get miffed but she wont say I cant or whatever. Same thing if she went and bought a $2000 purse etc. and didn't discuss with me would I feel like WTF!! Probably, 2 way street.........

ARandall

Reaction score
Maybe this is idealistic, naïve or just wishful thinking (I'm not married and have never wanted to be). But if you have your own money, and you are not defaulting on the mortgage or making your kids starve by purchasing said item, what right does anybody have to judge how you spend yours.

I guess its one of those things that I never understood about relationships.....the inherent 'power imbalances' that people go along with.

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I hope you guys are kidding. Either A you are afraid of the wife wuss or B you are sneaking major purchases behind each others back not good. If I purchase something major I will tell the wife and she may or may not get miffed but she wont say I cant or whatever. Same thing if she went and bought a $2000 purse etc. and didn't discuss with me would I feel like WTF!! Probably, 2 way street.........
Mine is a art admirer / buyer / trader / seller.... she generates her own funds and doesn’t ask for nothing..... we accept and understand each other’s addictions..... within reason of course.

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
I'm getting married in a few months so you guys better fill me in on your tactics or give me a field manual or something!
Keep a separate “hobby” bank account. Buy toys out of that to lessen the nagging at buying things for you! As they get older and more bitter lol, this is even more important

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
Maybe this is idealistic, naïve or just wishful thinking (I'm not married and have never wanted to be). But if you have your own money, and you are not defaulting on the mortgage or making your kids starve by purchasing said item, what right does anybody have to judge how you spend yours.

I guess its one of those things that I never understood about relationships.....the inherent 'power imbalances' that people go along with.
Modern women are spoiled and most men have been cucked by society, media, movies, etc... I grew up thinking that treating women with respect and kindness would pay dividends. ‍♂. Everybody is different, so I’m generalizing. But, in hindsight I would have stayed single. Love my kids though so me regrets there!

Latest Threads