NGD, Bartlett Retrospec

jonny

Reaction score
So last night I was watching the Junos to see if any good bands won anything. Metric played a song, and while I don't really like them, I stuck around and watched. That was when I noticed this:

And I thought, hey, that looks like a Retrospec! So I came on mlp today to tell you all how cool it was that a famous band was playing one of Tom's guitars... and, well, wouldn't you know it, a quick google showed that everyone already knew about it :laugh2: Oh well, I got the satisfaction of discovering it for myself. :naughty:

GooCart

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's just to cool! I had to check out what Juno is, you know I'm on the other side of the pond.
It's seem to be quite a big event, super cool that Jim played the guitar, but I can't say I'm to surprised:naughty:

jonny

Reaction score
The Junos are Canadian music awards. Like the Grammy's, but focused on Canadian artists.

RAG7890

Reaction score
I know the Retrospec will look awesome as a Burst when I open the case in a week or so, but I have to say they look really, really cool in a Tuxedo. :wow: :thumb: :applause:

The Black Custom finish just seems to "suit" this design. :)

Mind you, when I get mine, I'll change my mind & the Burst will look better. :D :naughty:

Seems like players who are lucky enough to have one are now using them as their main guitar, which is cool. :applause:

:cheers:

GooCart

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it sure looks cool in black but your sunburst looks really amazing on the photos I've seen of it.

Here's a photo I shot earlier this winter, it was really cold and the sun just barely rice over the horizon, the light was really nice so I grabbed the guitar and snapped this shot, it was so cold that I almost heared the nitro crack :shock:

Here's another photo I shoot a couple of minutes later, this is what we see of the sun in February and it's only up for a couple of hours.

Jean Christophe

Reaction score
What is the status on your guitar Rudi ?
You mentioned at the begining that you will get the guitar in March, then April...?
Jean Christophe

RAG7890

Reaction score
Hi Jean,

Hope all is well. :wave: The guitar is well & truly finished by Tom & we have sorted out the pickups ('62 Early Patent No.'s + '58 Vintage Long Magnets).

A while back, Tom mentioned that he likes the idea of a custom Flight Case for the Retrospec & I agreed. :D

The 3D Files have been supplied to a company in Canada that is custom making a Flight Case for 006.

About a week ago the wait time was ~ 3 weeks left to go.............which is fine with me, as I am fortunate enough have other guitars to use. :naughty:

As soon as the case is completed, the stencils applied & photos taken I will get it picked up & on its way to me...........then I can do a NGD with build pics to complement what Tom & Alex are doing. :thumb: :)

Cheers, Rudi

P.S. I could have had it here months ago but I wanted Tom to play it, show it to others & I elected to pay extra to get this case made so it would be an exact fit for 006.

RAG7890

Reaction score
:hmm:...............& thank you Magnus for the 3D Files. :thumb: :applause:

Cheers, Rudi

pinodorato

Reaction score
The guitar is well & truly finished by Tom & we have sorted out the pickups ('62 Early Patent No.'s + '58 Vintage Long Magnets).

:wow:
I bet that will sound amazing with vintage pickups!

Giuseppe

PS. Glad to see you again Rudi. :wave:

oli

Reaction score
I'm sooooo looking forward to this NGD thread, Rudi !

RAG7890

Reaction score
Ooh...vintage pickups..hmmm *giving me ideas...*

Hi Jess, I'll make sure I cover all the details on these pickups in the NGD Thread for you, so you can see how we got to this point. :)

I'm sooooo looking forward to this NGD thread, Rudi !

Thanks Oli, looking forward to doing this NGD Thread as well. :)

Cheers, Rudi

jessloh

Reaction score
That'll be great Rudi! Can't wait to see your NGD thread!

RAG7890

Reaction score
Bump! :D

Flight Case is now finished. Shipping next week after Tom takes some happy snaps of the final product in the case & the case itself with the finishing touches.

attachment.php

:cheers:

Attachments

• Flight Case.jpg
    Flight Case.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 258

Latest Threads