Done. Look forward to it Magnus. :)

:hmm:............2013 & I can smell a NGD coming not too far away. :D

funny-signs-future-tomorrow.jpg

Or, maybe a little later.

Cheers, Rudi

GooCart

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ahah! Cool, I can't wait to hear you thoughts about the guitar. I have my retrospec in my lap as I write, feels so good!!

jamman

Reaction score
Hope that guy is wearing brown shorts . Or he will be :lol::wow:

Quill

Reaction score
Really beautiful guitars! Great thread, glad it got bumped.

Are they still made with pickups by Mike Turk? They have a very good reputation, but we don't see them around much anymore.

GooCart

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks Quill:)
I actually don't know if Tom will use the Mike Turks in the future, I think this was a one off but I'm not sure. But they do sound nothing but spectacular on this guitar. I've tried to search for some information regarding MT but I haven't been able to find that much, but from my experience they are fantastic, if you ever get the chance of grabbing a pair you must give them a try.

jessloh

Reaction score
I think Tom is going with Sheptones? I think that's what he told me, could be wrong though :)

Quill

Reaction score
What I know about Mike Turk, besides the fact that he makes or did make great pickups, is that he's Canadian - from the East somewhere - and that's about it. I did find a place called Blue Hugh music that appears to be selling a set of "killer '59s" by Mike. And for a while, but not currently, Mark at Mark's Guitar Loft was using Mike's pickups in some of the guitars he was having re-done for sale through his shop.

Mr. Turk seems to have become something of a ghost, sad as it is to say. Hope he's well.

RAG7890

Reaction score
Mike Turk pickups are back: Mike Turk Limited Edition Blue Hugh Music Killer '59 PAF Pickups Free Shipping | eBay

I have no affiliation with the seller or the pickup maker. I was researching the pickups and found them on TGP and Ebay.

RAG7890 no NGD yet???

Hi Bodark, nope. The Retro is still sitting at Tom's place being played by a number of way better guitarists than I.............which is cool with me as it gives Tom a chance to show of his wares & skill. :)

:shock:...............& Tom is bonding with it. :)

Planning to get it here in March & yes I am now getting itchy feet. :D

:cheers:

alk-3

Reaction score
Rudi's guitar is patiently waiting his go ahead :) I've been enjoying it for the last couple months though, so I cant complain about that! :thumb:

RAG7890

Reaction score
Okay, Rudi, time's up - it's late March, still no NGD?

Hey Jess, hope all is well.

Just a heads up, I expect to have it here some time in the next 2 -3 weeks.

Tom tells me everyone who plays it, loves it. I am really looking forward to trying her out.

Then I'll follow up with a NGD with loads of pics & information from start to finish. :D

Cheers, Rudi

RAG7890

Reaction score
:hmm:.................teaser. :D

attachment.php

:cheers:

Attachments

• BB11.jpg
    BB11.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 225

jessloh

Reaction score
Hey Jess, hope all is well.

Just a heads up, I expect to have it here some time in the next 2 -3 weeks.

Tom tells me everyone who plays it, loves it. I am really looking forward to trying her out.

Then I'll follow up with a NGD with loads of pics & information from start to finish. :D

Cheers, Rudi

Sounds like a plan :) Thanks for letting us know!

Latest Threads