NGD!!! Any BC Rich love on MLP?

heartburn

Reaction score
Bought and received this a few weeks back, been playing it and feeling it out to see if I really wanted to keep it. The re-launch of BC Rich while exciting (for me anyway...) was also a bit unsettling with their history of owners that have done horrible damage ti the brand over the years. After many hours playing it I have decided it is a keeper and officially decided it was NGD.

Pretty typical BC Rich stuff, neck-thru, thin neck, high access heel. nice ebony fret board. It is a korean build and pretty high quality. I would rate the build pretty close to my US built BC Rich, great fret work, fit and finish is top notch (a bit on the glossy side for most Les Paul guys...) so far a great guitar.

BCRich_Mock_1 (2).jpg

BCRich_Mock_3 (2).jpg

BCRich_Mock_4 (2).jpg

BCRich_Mock_2 (2).jpg

Thanks for checking her out MLP...

Dilver

Reaction score
I had a 70‘s BC Rich Koa Supreme Eagle back in the day... well before they went all pointy and metal. I traded it for a very mediocre 335. I kick myself for doing that but it just wasn’t my bag at the time. The Mockingbird is a totally unique body shape that you either love or hate. I think it’s cool. Congrats!

heartburn

Reaction score
I had a 70‘s BC Rich Koa Supreme Eagle back in the day... well before they went all pointy and metal. I traded it for a very mediocre 335. I kick myself for doing that but it just wasn’t my bag at the time. The Mockingbird is a totally unique body shape that you either love or hate. I think it’s cool. Congrats!
Thanks, I need to add an eagle at some point. I was a child of the 80's and the warlock was the metal guitar of the time during the late 80's and early 90's, so I do have a love for those but the mockingbird was always my favorite shape.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Nice! Only BC Rich I that I find attractive...and that one looks beautiful. Congrats.

mkayers

Reaction score
Never played a BC Rich, are all the necks thin? Always wanted an Eagle in the 80s.

Thundermtn

Reaction score
Sweet, that's good news on the quality. Congrats! Those guitars come with attitude, just strapping one up puts an evil grin on my face.

I might be a BCR player more than a Gibson player, my live weapon of choice for metal shows for a LONG time.

I don't see the scrotum reference though, but I have that problem with Ibanez Iceman and the pecker hanging off of them. However when I do need a dong hanging off the guitar it's my go to axe, hahaha.

Deftone

Reaction score
Let's see the Bich!

I love 'em...search occasionally. 6 string Bich with a Floyd would be cool.

Jim Klein

Reaction score
i started playing b.c.rich guitars in 1980..bought my first one at west l.a. music..seagull supreme [still have it] went thru a custom made eagle[wish i still had that one] and 2 bitches..used to go to the ''factory'' and hang out with neal moser..good guitars .dick wagner turned me on to them. to me the eagle was the best design ..

heartburn

Reaction score
Agree about that damn widow headstock that they started putting on everything. It would be terribly hard to live with myself with the ballsack headstock. I prefer the reverse inline NJ style headstocks on warlocks

Never played a BC Rich, are all the necks thin? Always wanted an Eagle in the 80s.

All of the ones that I have played or have owned have been a bit thinner than a typical Les Paul, not something as thin as the Ibanez Jem necks and the super shredder necks some manufacturers offer

Let's see the Bich!

I love 'em...search occasionally. 6 string Bich with a Floyd would be cool.
BCRich_Bich_1 (2).jpg

The current three I have

BCRich_Bich_3 (2).jpg

And sorry for the pic quality, I really need to improve my photo skills after seeing some of the guitar photos posted on here. Some of you guys and gals are so good at staging and photoing guitars it makes me ashamed of my gear pics.

heartburn

Reaction score
The red one is another Korean import from about 2007 if I remember correctly. It is a bit of a strange example of the special X series with a 24 fret neck, weird knob layout (volume pot is really too close to the pickup), and the trans-red "dragonsblood" finish. But I really like the guitar and it plays well. I believe it cost me about $400 in or around 2007.

Latest Threads