NGD: Another LP Tribute from my wife ...

Snakum

Reaction score
Bought a pair when they first came out in '17 but sold them and everything else a couple years ago when I quit playing (long story). I started playing bass again three months ago and put together a homemade Strat but was mainly playing bass with my old band (was lead guitar for 8 years). Got back into switching on guitar and so last week my wife bought me this ...

Rusty.jpg

It's the Iced Tea Burst and looks a lot darker, more caramel, in person. The flash makes it look like a cherry sunburst. It took a little more work than the first two but it is now set up and feels/plays like a Les Paul should.

Just got a 30-day trial with a local band that was a pretty big deal regionally. Switching on bass and guitar. Nice to be playing again and back in the fold.

Snakum

Reaction score
The previous two. I could slit my wrists for ever selling the Goldtop but it is what it is. Was just fed up with musician/band drama after 35+ years and needed the money. Sold six guitars, five basses, all my amps and my pedal board. Thought I was done with it.

I guess some of us just can't 'not play'. LOL.

Attachments

mjross

Reaction score
She’s a keeper, I mean your wife! Nice guitar too.

Snakum

Reaction score
Yeah she's pretty awesome. Gorgeous, too.

She bought a new upright bass two weeks ago and is learning, so I got a Les Paul. Her dad was a touring bluegrass musician back in the day so she grew up with music. Nowadays, she's a rabid Bonamassa fan. LOL.

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice tribute !!! Don't ever think you can quit playing guitar....If it's in the blood, you'll always return to it. HNGD !!!

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The previous two. I could slit my wrists for ever selling the Goldtop but it is what it is. Was just fed up with musician/band drama after 35+ years and needed the money. Sold six guitars, five basses, all my amps and my pedal board. Thought I was done with it.

I guess some of us just can't 'not play'. LOL.
I feel ya amigo,.... I quit the band thing many years ago after a very long 13 years of crazy..... but I couldn’t quit playing.... I just refuse to play in a band on a permanent bases. I do a lot of home recording and creating new music and guest with some friends once in a while. So I keep my gear and use it for self therapy.....:rofl:

Awesome guitar amigo..... and an outstanding wife:cheers:

musicmaniac

Reaction score
Sometimes you just can't keep it out of your system. Congrats!

Snakum

Reaction score
I was formally diagnosed with autism in my early 30s but always knew I was a little 'off' since childhood. And I think most serious musicians probably fall somewhere on the spectrum. So naturally, in the average band situation we have more than our fair share of drama. Over 40 years in bar bands I've quit and sold everything a few times out of frustration. Lol.

But I always pick it up again. I started back playing three months ago and am currently switching off on guitar and bass in two bands. I must be a masochist. :shock:

Snakum

Reaction score
Update ...

Totally bonding with 'Rusty' already. Playing four hrs a day to get back in shape. I'm switching off on lead guitar in one of the bands, playing Widespread Panic and very fast Grateful Dead stuff. I'm playing over numerous and sometimes weird chord changes, clean and with gain. The LP is working well. Love the 490s.

I do have a ticket open with Gibson, though, and sending them pics of the bowed rings and offset board. Just so they're aware I've seen three with that now.

heavypic

Reaction score
OP - Good luck with your new LP and journey back to playing. It seems like you have 2 very good things in your life - a love of music and the love of a good wife, partner and friend. No matter how it works out in bands, you still have the music in you. The best is yet to come...

Reaction score
Congrats! I briefly owned a Trad Pro V with that same Satin Iced Tea finish, it's awesome. Under certain lighting you may see some 3D shimmer and it's very pleasing to the eye. Glad you're enjoying it.

Latest Threads