NGD! An oldie but goldie

MuLLe

Reaction score
Hi all,

I don't know if this is the right section to post this guitar in.
It is the first attempt to the 1959 Reissue, but I don't know if it counts as a Reissue.
I saw the ad on this Gibson Les Paul Heritage-Series 80 Standard, it's made in 1981. And its hand down a freaking and insanely good guitar. I thought I had found my dream guitar and then this one caught my eyes. I went to the seller and tried it and Goooooood Daaaamn!!! It blew me away. I always say and think that when I find a good guitar and think that's the one, but this one just kills it.

When it is in my hands I don't want to let go of it. It makes the time stop and I'm in a bubble and all the tensions and daily worries are gone. It somehow feels like the guitar is trying to tell me a story when I have it in my hands and I play, if that makes any sense? Anyway it is a good feeling and it makes me happy.

I hope it is in the right Forum section, if not I apologise.

01.jpg
02.jpg 03.jpg 05.jpg

With the original knobs and no pickguard:

06.jpeg 07.jpeg

mjross

Reaction score
Sounds like a keeper to me, congrats! Very nice…

ARandall

Reaction score
The Heritage series is quite interesting. The first release of the Shaw pickups, and a 2 piece top. Its Nashville's first attempt at a RI......Kalamazoo having done a few beforehand but of different types.
Certainly not at all 'accurate' even for the standards of the era, but that wasn't really the point at that time. The next release of a RI in 83 or so by Nashville was used by Knopfler on the track Brothers in Arms....again with the Shaws fitted. Which is an iconic LP tone for a lot of people.

DanD

Reaction score
Congrats!

One of the best tops I've seen on a Heritage 80.

You scored!

AJK1

Reaction score
Yep LP should have pickguards
Otherwise they look weird

JMP

Reaction score
Sweet! I suspect these are fairly uncommon? Where’d you find it? Looks killer to me!

Kro64

Reaction score
Great looking guitar , you found your Keeper Les Paul for sure !!

blouie

Reaction score
So beautiful! That is the perfect Les Paul to me.

MuLLe

Reaction score
Amazing color !!

I like the colours a lot.
In the cavity under the pickup it says HSB, is that Honey Sunburst?

I removed the poker chip when I polished the guitar and the colour has faded :), apparantly it was darker in the younger years hehe.

Latest Threads