NGD! Also first post!

Max Max

Reaction score
I traded in my Epiphone Traditional Pro II and got a used Gibson Les Paul Studio. I went through a couple of guitars before figuring out that a single cut just fits me, I also have a Jackson Monarkh Pro. I have played other Studios in the past and didn't care for them, but I was in love with this one from the first chord through a distorted amplifier. I have flirted with getting a guitar with this plain satin finish a few times and I finally pulled the trigger on one. Its a 2010 model.

Attachments

Max Max

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I know some of you have the Les Pauls that Guitar Center hangs up in the stratosphere but this seems to be a nice instrument for the money. I seem to be good at picking guitars that punch above their weight.

integra evan

Reaction score
Nice, those LPs pack a serious punch for the money. Enjoy!

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great guitar...love it
welcome to the cult....
We are glad to have u

-chris

bum

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I know some of you have the Les Pauls that Guitar Center hangs up in the stratosphere but this seems to be a nice instrument for the money. I seem to be good at picking guitars that punch above their weight.
Dude, your guitar is one of my favourite Les Pauls regardless of how expensive or not they are.
That finish and that colour, and they way it's a no nonsense bruiser of a musical instrument really speaks to me and always has done.
It's an incredible guitar, congrats!

Renegade

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

TheWelder

Reaction score
Congrats on the new guitar and welcome to the forum!

I've said it before here, but the best sounding LP I've ever played was a faded brown Studio like yours - same era if I remember correctly (2010)? I kick myself for not buying it.

Max Max

Reaction score
Congrats on the new guitar and welcome to the forum!

I've said it before here, but the best sounding LP I've ever played was a faded brown Studio like yours - same era if I remember correctly (2010)? I kick myself for not buying it.
I was shocked at how good it sounded when I plugged it in, I actually plugged in to a few amplifiers. I think(correct me if I'm wrong) that it has Burstbuckers in it. My Epiphone had the Probuckers in it and they are supposed to sound identical to the Burstbuckers but the ones in my Gibson sound much more articulate than the ones in my Epiphone did. Not that my Epi sounded bad. I'll add more pictures when I get a chance.

Latest Threads