NGD... again

cmerch

Reaction score
At the beginning of the year, I did something stupid and sold my 2018 Historic R9. A classic tale of "didn't know what I had until it was gone..."
Since then, I've been thru a handful of les pauls trying to replace it, to no avail. In a moment of desperation, I messaged the guy I sold it to. He messaged me back within 10 minutes and within 20 minutes, I had "my" guitar on it's way back to me!
I've had it back a few days now, and I've barely been able to put it down.

Special thanks to fellow MLP member R'nien for selling the guitar back to me without hesitation!

I know no one really believes anything anyone says around here without pics, so i guess I'll just have to post some pics of the one that will never get away again!

IMG_4647.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg
IMG_4655.jpg
IMG_4644.jpg
IMG_5111.jpg

Last edited:

spartacus slim

Reaction score
Glad you managed to get your special guitar back. And if it plays and sounds as good as it looks, then judging by your pics it must play and sound very good indeed! :cheers:

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
Spectacular guitar -- what was it about it, specifically, that made you want that one back?

cmerch

Reaction score
Spectacular guitar -- what was it about it, specifically, that made you want that one back?
The neck is a shade smaller than a typical R9, around .86/.97 and just fits my hand perfectly. It also sounds and plays great.
I almost exclusively buy and play used guitars. I just feel better playing a guitar I don't have to baby or worry about scratching or knocking against something.
It was my 1st (and only...) custom shop guitar, and I wasn't playing it much before I sold it for fear of dinging it or marking it or whatever, so I just felt like I shouldn't keep something so expensive that I was scared to even use. In the months it's been gone, I've tried several other les pauls to try and take it's place, but nothing would fill the void. My point of view changed about owning a guitar that expensive, because you only live once and if it's the right one, you just shut up and play it.
Needless to say, I was floored when I asked to buy it back and R'nien agreed to sell it back to me. I couldn't get him the money fast enough. I read stories on here all the time of guys who wish they never sold guitar x or y. They try, sometimes for years, to get them back. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have mine coming back to me inside of 20 minutes of my initial inquiry...

derek1977

Reaction score
Good for you man. The grass isn't always greener. Doesn't really apply to your case, but kinda. Love the color!

RocketKing

Reaction score
I love that finish!
Kudos to your mlp buddy for selling it back to you

guitardon

Reaction score
I did the same thing with my 2002 R8 with the nicest flame top I’ve ever owned. I’m really stupid, I sold mine twice but have it back for the final time. It’s been a few years and I still have it and use it along with my 2018 R9 Brazilian taking turns with each. It holds up just fine when compared to the R9, I’m used to the neck differences snd forget which one I’m playing without looking. I play out two to three times a week do my beauties get used a lot.

Attachments

Cory

Reaction score
My absolute favorite burst finish - congrats on getting yours back! - here’s my 2018 ‘59 honey lemon fade - I’m a little shocked that Gibson only produced this finish for one year - it’s by far my favorite “lemon” variant.
1DFB0DE8-F8D2-452E-A28B-AE6CCB5902F8.jpeg

Latest Threads